• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Darius Henderson

Clarky_Blues

Manager
Gillingham striker Darius Henderson has handed in a transfer request at The Priestfield.

The news has alerted a number of clubs...?

Is he any good? Presumably, since Priestfield to Roots Hall is (whether we like to admit it or not) at best a sideways move, it must be presumed that he's looking to move back up to the Championship...

rock.gif

Matt

He was on loan for 6 games at Swindon last season and bagged 5 goals, but no deal could be agreed.

Not to sure what he is like - supposed to be a strong powerful striker.

Has also played for Reading and Brighton. Lumbering-style forward, who got better for the Gills as the season went on.

Failry young.

I think he could be the sort of striker we're looking for,
Maybe, he's not enjoying the new regime under Neale Cooper (as he doesn't hold back so I hear) & it's not just a desire to get back into the Championship.

Get on the phone Tilly! I bet the way our striker search is going, his agent is Richard Cody.

his agent is a bit dodgy

From a Swindon messageboard!

Various postings on MOS are suggesting the Henderson deal has collapsed due to the agent's fee. If this is true - what a fiasco ? Lets hope if it is not us it is Doncaster , as it would really p*ss me off he went to City after it got to terms being agreed ?

Hats to of our board who have definitely pushed the boat financially / effort wise to try & get Henderson.

If the stories on MoS of the agent asking for a 20k fee for doing nothing (on a deal that's only worth 40k upfront) this is a rip-off of Kewell-esque proportions. So, I'd also be inclined to congratulate the board not just for finding the dosh to put the bid together and going for it, but also for having the guts to stand up to this slimy parasite. Agents are ruining our game and if more clubs took a leaf out of our board's book and refused to play ball, they might not be so cocky.

Of course, my preferred option would be that the board tell the agent where to stick it and we still get Darius! Which, you never know, may still happen. Although it's looking less likely, I'll grant you.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ July 15 2005,11:41)]Is he any good?  Presumably, since Priestfield to Roots Hall is (whether we like to admit it or not) at best a sideways move, it must be presumed that he's looking to move back up to the Championship...

rock.gif

Matt
He hasn't cut it at Championship level to date so it would be real delusions of gradeur if that were the reason for the transfer request.  My guess would be that he's fallen out with Neale Cooper.

Would certainly do a decent job for us, especially bearing in mind how short of strikers we are.

I know a Reading fan who thought highly of him before he was sold. Would make a good signing and we might be ok with him playing fairly near to us.

Worth a shot

I cant see his wage demands being as excessive as the others we have gone after

Anybody will do at the moment... Beginning to get increasingly nervous as the days go by now, with strikers being snapped up leaving us with just the 2 at the club.

Im sure Tilly and the board have a few tricks up there sleeve...

Worst comes to the worst, we get someone in on loan..

Stop panicking people, In Tilly we trust.

wink.gif

I reckon it could be worth a go, if he's not happy then i reckon a move accross the water could be tempting as he would not have to move. Surely he can't be on that much at gillingham there not bigger than us.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ July 15 2005,12:19)]Various postings on MOS are suggesting the Henderson deal has collapsed due to the agent's fee... If the stories on MoS of the agent asking for a 20k fee for doing nothing
Wouldn't bother Ron, that - he's got form, after all. Wasn't Freddy's agent's fee £35K? I thought that was what was disclosed in that agent's fees report done by Deloitte...?

rock.gif

If I'm wrong about that, then apologies.

Matt

[b said:
Quote[/b] (statski77 @ July 15 2005,13:49)]Worth a shot

I cant see his wage demands being as excessive as the others we have gone after
No way would his wages be on the same scale as Goater, Greenacre and the like. I doubt personal terms would be a problem.

Rumour has it that Henderson is supposed to be coming up North to Donny over the next few weeks, and signing for Rovers.

His family come from Rossington (a mining village on the edge of Doncaster) and apparently they have said he is signing for Rovers. To be honest, then it's like a game of Chinese whispers with Henderson and nobody quite knows what's going on.

He is a big stocky striker, (very direct) and is a pain in he arse for most defences. Nobody likes playing against Darius Henderson. It will all boil down to what he wants though, (Championship fooball). Rovers can't offer him that, but Sheff Wednesday the other side who are in for him, can't afford him.

I bet he ends up staying down in Kent.

as a swindon supporter as well as a southend fan (dont ask) the boy has got talent. he did a great job when on loan with us last season, and i was very dissapointed when the move fell through.

big foot is definatley what we need!lol!

Back