• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Dark Side of the Moon vs A Night at the Opera

Which album

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BLUEBLOOD

Moderator of Moderators
Second up today is Dark Side of the Moon (Pink Floyd) vs A Night at the Opera (Queen)

Over to you ...

Knew this would happen . Its really the battle of over produced protensious tosh .
But with Queen , they didnt disappear up their own bums and thought what they were producing had some last significance . Which infact it did (helping to insight more open expressions in South America , SOuth Africa and around the world, even the ill concieved South African concerts )

Pink flyod had a flying pig ... oh well

I'll vote agaist the overrated prog-rock bollocks when it comes up against an album of significance... this is merely Queen's best album. Entertaining enough, but hardly anything more than throwaway enjoyable.

At the heart of it Queen were always a pop band. Besides it's fun to wind up the Floyd fans. :angel:

Freddie Mercury and Queen never took themselves vaguely seriously, and I'm fairly certain they were never a prog-rock band. I'm no lover of prog-rock, despite my obvious affection for Genesis. I preferred their later work, everything before 'Follow You Follow Me' was just too intellectual, too artsy.

I have not voted on any yet but as soon as i saw this poll i had to vote for Floyd....apart from being an amazing band this is one of my favourite albums..

Toughie this...I grew up with Queen, but Dark Side of the Moon was the 1st album I had with a swear word in...Ultimatley it has to be ANATO but I am sure Pink Floyd will win thru as it is such an iconic album.

I have to admit to being pleased how this is panning out, though a little disappointed at the poor vote turnout

If this was a boxing match, the referee would have stopped the fight.

"And still truly and undesputedly one of the greatest albums of all time - Dark Side of the Moon...

Back