• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Darren Currie has his say.

Any idea who the 'some' may be. Too often rumour that is bordering on nonsense has it's boots on and running before the truth has got out of it's armchair.
A friend showed me a tweet from a blues fan who often seems in the know.I think he may post on here.It could be total rubbish but it's certainly possible Currie could be wanted as he is well thought of in football circles

I just think Currie is the brains behind the scenes.
Would of loved him as manager and Kev as sidekick.
My sense is that it will take a manager's job to really tempt Darren Currie. He clearly loves Southend and was extremely unlucky to get overlooked when RM rejected him in favour of Mark Molesley a few years ago. An outcome that tells you all you need to know about RM.

Rather than going to Orient as first-team coach, I hope Darren will stay at Southend, a club where he is hugely respected and appreciated, and help Kevin Maher and Mark Bentley get us promoted next season.

If Southend gets promoted next season, Kevin Maher may well get a job offer he cannot refuse and Darren, in my view, would be Kevin's logical successor.

Enthusiastic influential Coach, highly thought of by the fans.
If there is any truth in these rumours…..
Please stay Darren (Ruby) we need you!
COYB UTB

Back