• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Darryl Flahavan....

steveh1510

Life President
Just spoke to a friend of mine, who has heard that Peterborough are set to offer Darryl Flahavan a contract for next season. The source is fairly reliable, anyone else heard anything about this?
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Leeboy @ April 28 2004,13:43)]nope

although could explain why Fry was at the Hull game....
rock.gif
wasn't that supposed to be because he was eyeing up super kev maher?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dreams @ April 28 2004,13:46)]
[b said:

rock.gif
dunno mate.

he could be telling one person one thing, and someone else something different..........

I'd forgotten about Fry being at Hull, and we know what he's like, would he really tell people what he was really doing there?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Leeboy @ April 28 2004,13:48)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dreams @ April 28 2004,13:46)]
[b said:

rock.gif
dunno mate.

he could be telling one person one thing, and someone else something different..........
either way I wouldn't want to see either depart especially to play under the fat judhas at london road!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (steveh1510 @ April 28 2004,13:40)]Just spoke to a friend of mine, who has heard that Peterborough are set to offer Darryl Flahavan a contract for next season. The source is fairly reliable, anyone else heard anything about this?  
rock.gif
Does he need a lift?

I'd be happy to drive him up there and would even throw in his choice of meal at the little chef.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mad Cyril @ April 28 2004,13:53)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (steveh1510 @ April 28 2004,13:40)]Just spoke to a friend of mine, who has heard that Peterborough are set to offer Darryl Flahavan a contract for next season. The source is fairly reliable, anyone else heard anything about this?  
rock.gif
Does he need a lift?

I'd be happy to drive him up there and would even throw in his choice of meal at the little chef.
Is he tall enough to reach the top of the knickebocker glory glass, though? We should be told...

tounge.gif

Matt

You'd get over it!

We need a decent all round keeper not one that's only decent attribute (shot stopping) is one that every good keeper has!

Name some keepers you think would be up to the Job and we could realisticly get ?

Obviously not knowing 1) how much we have to spend of players 2) who will be out of contract and 3) how much we could pay in wages I'd like to think we could match the following clubs for their better keepers.

Fettis - Hull
Woodman - Oxford
Pilkington - Mansfield
Glennon - Carlisle
Miller - Bristol Rovers

And that's just in the 3rd without looking at any of the other divisions.

Is Flavs really that bad ? His kept us in alot of games this season.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (footymad13 @ April 28 2004,14:35)]Is Flavs really that bad ? His kept us in alot of games this season.
Depends how you class kept us in the game. He's also cost us a lot of games and points this season.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (McScriven @ April 28 2004,14:27)]Obviously not knowing 1) how much we have to spend of players 2) who will be out of contract and 3) how much we could pay in wages I'd like to think we could match the following clubs for their better keepers.

Fettis - Hull
Woodman - Oxford
Pilkington - Mansfield
Glennon - Carlisle
Miller - Bristol Rovers

And that's just in the 3rd without looking at any of the other divisions.
Wonder what the chances of getting Glennon would be if / when Carlisle go down
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (McScriven @ April 28 2004,14:27)]Obviously not knowing 1) how much we have to spend of players
I think you've just hit the nail on the head. The real question is could we do better for the same money?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (londonblue @ April 28 2004,16:06)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (McScriven @ April 28 2004,14:27)]Obviously not knowing 1) how much we have to spend of players
I think you've just hit the nail on the head. The real question is could we do better for the same money?
No, I simply don't think that we could. I doubt that he is on a lot of money at the club, and therefore see him as a bargain who should be kept.

Flavs is solid, and I'm afraid that we won't find better with limited financial resources. It's also not all about how much we pay, it's why would players want to come here rather than go elsewhere. I'm sure most people would take a pay cut to play in a higher league where you get more recognition.

but did someone not say last week that tilly was deep in discussion with Alan Fettis's agent at the reserve game?
rock.gif

Back