• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Darts - Is Sid Waddell gone at the game?

Is Sid Waddell gone at the game?

• Total voters

Uncle Leo

This cook is an anti-semite
Raymond van Barneveld is putting in a masterclass here. A nine-darter followed by a 161. And all I can think about is Sid Waddell and his rotten commentary.

Don;t get me wrong, I used to think Sid was great and a quick Google for his greatest one-liners will yield some commentating gold.

However, he has now become some sort of terrible parody of himself. What's more, his over analysing of the game is just embarrassing. The amount of time he predicts that an 'understacker will just gur right thur' only for it to go nowhere near is just ridiculous. And then there's is the ridiculous bum-licking of Taylor. Yes Taylor is great, but give it a rest for a minute would you?

Stick to ESPN Classic please Sid.

Sid Waddell! - hence the verbal bumming of "The Power" every time he's in action.

Sid's a sad imitation of the genius who came up with 'darts like barracudas through the surf'. The best tungsten pundit was John Part when he was on the Beeb but I imagine the PDC put an end to that. Tony Green and Bobby George are so awful that they're quite good - the tangential nature of some of their stuff is breathtaking.

Can you believe he has a degree in Modern History from Cambridge? Why would someone like that want to become a darts commentator?

Sid Waddell! - hence the verbal bumming of "The Power" every time he's in action.

To be fair, he does deserve utmost praise, to win 14 times is amazing, not only for physically being able to do it, but also to have the drive and hunger to keep practising and striving to better himself.

Would love for it to be an Olympic sport....it can't be any less demanding than Archery and must be watched by higher numbers!

Back