• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Darts

Mad Cyril

The Fresh Prince of Belfairs⭐⭐
Playing darts after work tonight and fancy buying a set.

Looks like I have a choice of Bobby George, Steve Heaton or Simon Whitlock endorsed darts available for under £20

Out if the three Steve Heaton, the bronzed Adonis is probably my favourite player.

What do darts players out there think of these three products?

I'm still using Eric Bristow 26g, slight increase in weight given by metal shafts and flight protectors. Had them for years and still love them. Also have a set of Phil Taylor darts which are much heavier but don't often use them.

Everything depends on your throwing style, weight, grip, type of barrel. About 26g seems about right for me, but a lot of the players on my team use much lighter darts. I had a great season a couple of years back using borrowed 22g darts with a heavily scalloped grip.

Edit: Sorry - I didn't answer your original question. I couldn't find good pics of the darts you're looking at, but I'd go for the ones with the most textured grip. If you want to try before you buy - these guys used to be the ones to go to - http://dartsnparts.co.uk/ In Ongar but may be worth a look.

Playing darts after work tonight and fancy buying a set.

Looks like I have a choice of Bobby George, Steve Heaton or Simon Whitlock endorsed darts available for under £20

Out if the three Steve Heaton, the bronzed Adonis is probably my favourite player.

What do darts players out there think of these three products?

Think you mean Steve Beaton, always enjoy watching him at the majors along with Ronnie Baxter.

*shudders*

Made me think back to the day in 1989 away to the Gills when Brains decided, in a pub full of Southend fans, to throw darts around the pub, and hearing the thud as one arrowed into the skull of some unfortunate who didn't know what had caused him such pain until he pulled the dart out of his head and promptly vomited.

I believe they may have been 26g Keith Deller's

As a dart player of decent standing back here in Melbourne , dont buy because of a persons name, go to a respectable shop, try many until you find a set that feels comfortable to you , its the same with flights, not all flights may suit the way you throw.Anyway have fun and enjoy.

In the end I went for custom depleted uranium darts with ivory shafts and monogramed mother of pearl flights.

Back