• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sooooo, there was a prediction. October is here. How are we all feeling about my favourite Irish ballerina-cum-striker?

My initial assessment...:

His partnership with Hunt has returned some very impressive performances. Peterborough at home (which was on Sky) saw the pair of them torment the opposition defence.
I like him on the whole, and feel he will probably get between 10-15 goals this season. I'm pretty sure all promoted clubs will take that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like him too, although I fear he may have a touch of the Alex Revell's (phenomenal work rate masks an inability to actually score goals on a regular basis), but the work rate alone means that he always contributes something to games. I've seen enough to give him the benefit of the doubt for longer. I also think that he may be in the 10-15 bracket. It's also about partnerships and there is some evidence of a real understanding with Hunt.

Funny you turn up after your first win in yonks. His done pretty well for us now PB has got him out of his lazy Orient ways. Still needs to improve his finishing though.

I do love you and your conspiracy theories, Westy. Glad he's starting to settle in - watching Ollie Palmer/League Two in general is even making me a little nostalgic for the good old days when I got to moan about Mooney missing chances and diving all over the shop.

he's alright. puts a shift in, can spot a pass but needs to be more clinical in front of goal.
overall i'm happy enough with him. would be nice to have someone better but being realistic he's about as good as we'll get

I like mooney and reckon be will come good eventually, just think if he took half of his decent chances that you'd expect s striker to stick away he would probably already be on 7/8 goals for this season, Espeifially against Peterborough, he could've had 4/5 against them alone. Overall I can't moan too much about him.

Still early days but I think he's done alright so far. His partnership with Hunt has shown real signs of promise, I just hope Noel can get fit so we can give the duo a run of games.

Still early days but I think he's done alright so far. His partnership with Hunt has shown real signs of promise, I just hope Noel can get fit so we can give the duo a run of games.

Yeah, Hunt does seem like the right kind of forward for him; they looked very good against Peterborough. Would be better if he had an extra yard of pace, but I think it'll work in the long run.

Yeah, Hunt does seem like the right kind of forward for him; they looked very good against Peterborough. Would be better if he had an extra yard of pace, but I think it'll work in the long run.

With out doubt, Hunt is the best footballer we've had for sometime. What we've got to realise he's not going to play every game, if we can get 30+ games out of him this season we'll hold our own and he'll get 15+ goals..

I'm going to get some stick on this but its my view, the front two are good players HUNT, MOONEY, the back up is wrong why is the PIG getting so much game time. he just don't make the grade for me hopefully in January he will go back to Charlton .
I'm sure Williams will start on Tuesday and hopefully make an impact that makes mr BROWN think about making him third choice. as I say its my views

No chance Williams will start on Tuesday.

Last edited:
I've been impressed with Mooney. Has some nice touches and good vision, when the ball is playing into his feet. Only problem is, we often knock it over his head....

The simple truth is that players at this level are going to have at least as many shortcomings as they do strengths. The skill of the manager is to a) improve the player, and b) create a team greater than the sum of its parts. By pairing Mooney with someone like Hunt I think PB has certainly achieved the latter.

The problem for us at the moment is that Hunt is out injured, and has already missed a fair few games.

The simple truth is that players at this level are going to have at least as many shortcomings as they do strengths. The skill of the manager is to a) improve the player, and b) create a team greater than the sum of its parts. By pairing Mooney with someone like Hunt I think PB has certainly achieved the latter.

The problem for us at the moment is that Hunt is out injured, and has already missed a fair few games.

Signing Hunt was a gamble with his injury history which proves his services will be very limited for us.

Back