• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

David Smith

C C Csiders

Life President
On the journey to spiritual enlightenment (via the
With the half-time drag out a former player goings-on, in the guise of centenary celebrations, surely Saturday's game is an ideal opportunity to expand that to former managers as well.

With Dave Smith being a legendary manager of both ourselves and Plymouth the club should invite him to the match to gain the richly deserved applause that he was robbed of when sacked by the Johnson/Cranston/McCutcheon triumvirate.

Totally agree.. a lovely chap. Met him at a party once and the guy talked non stop for an hour about the club and football ... I couldn't get a word in. My only bug bare was the way he was stitched up by George Graham then of Millwall when Smith sold them two of our best players at the time, Anton Outalakoskie (hopeless spelling) and Dave Cusack for a miselly £50,000.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bob Cratchitt @ Nov. 14 2006,00:31)]I do not think it was George Graham more the Reuben Brothers riding rough shod over Dave and his teams plans.
I am afraid that that comment shows an alarming misconception of what was happening at the club at the time. The Ruben Brothers, regrettably unlike their beloed Father, Bill, were not really football fans and were rarely seen at the ground apart from the odd match days. If you think that they had any say in team affairs, you are sadly misguided. I say all of this because at that time I was within the club and in the know. The selling of Anton and David was at the time a shock but it was made mainly due to the need to balance the books. This pressure came from the board as a whole. Could he have got a better deal? probably, but he felt that £100,000 for both was a fair price.

Back