• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Dazzleing Debuts

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bucks_blue @ Jan. 14 2005,13:06)]Saw this article on the Beeb:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/4171649.stm

Mentions players who had blinding debuts. Anyone with contats at the Beeb who we can flood with email to get Freddy included?
Why do you think he isn't there?

Wayne Rooney, Alan Shearer, Michael Owen............Fredy Eastwood.

smile.gif

Did you read Michael Owen's debut though, He scored a goal in a poor liverpool performance in a game they lost.

Hardly dazzling. Whereas Joe Royle gets 4 on his debut and gets one line down the bottom.

Freddy scored 3 against league leaders who had only conceded a few goals all season.

Obviously the article is based on famous internationals etc but it would be nice to remind the Beeb and the rest premiersh*t worshipping country that there are other teams and players out there!

I thought Belsvik had a blinding start for the blues - how come that wasn't mentioned?!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (MrB @ Jan. 14 2005,14:47)]What about Ben Smith?
His first game was vs Halifax IIRC and he did ok as a sub in 4-1 win (Tony Richards with 2 goals!) Not sure he ever got a full first team debut though?

He left the club before playing a full game amid rumours that he objected to having his pants stolen from the changing room every week by a Mr D Scriven.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ Jan. 14 2005,14:55)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (MrB @ Jan. 14 2005,14:47)]What about Ben Smith?
His first game was vs Halifax IIRC and he did ok as a sub in 4-1 win
He only played about 40 seconds of it! I'm sure most people would 'do ok' if they came on for that amount of time.
wink.gif
tounge.gif

Where's Rio Alderton on the list then!?
rock.gif
sad.gif
laugh.gif

Neville Roach touched the ball twice on his....i will never forget that.

And where does that get a mention Nowhere ...ooooooo it makes me mad.

We never reward our most gifted children !!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Artful Shrimper @ Jan. 14 2005,14:58)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bucks_blue @ Jan. 14 2005,13:25)]Freddy scored 3 against league leaders who had only conceded a few goals all season.
Including one after a few seconds of course.
Which is a world record isn't it, for fastest debut league goal?

Surely worth a mention - oh, I forgot, the BBC have sold out completely to the Premier$hite (eg Five Live not mentioning the Boston - SUFC game once that I heard during the oh so important Chelsea MankU game, and only giving the score at 10 past 10).

Lee Chapman had the best debut. Simon Royce's debut was good as well, I think.

But the best is still Mick Gooding, who made his debut aged 39 and still gave 100%

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bucks_blue @ Jan. 14 2005,13:25)]Did you read Michael Owen's debut though, He scored a goal in a poor liverpool performance in a game they lost.

Hardly dazzling. Whereas Joe Royle gets 4 on his debut and gets one line down the bottom.

Freddy scored 3 against league leaders who had only conceded a few goals all season.

Obviously the article is based on famous internationals etc but it would be nice to remind the Beeb and the rest premiersh*t worshipping country that there are other teams and players out there!
Ah. But it was a League Two.

The media don't care ... football doesn't exist outside of the Premiersh*te ...

WS

Back