• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Dead Set, Charlie Brooker and watching Davina McCall die...

seany t

President
Great fun. Anyone else watch it?

I almost didn't want Davina to die. Almost...

Combined Brookers 'love' of reality TV and his obsession with zombies very well. He did the right thing too leaning more towards horror than comedy, or else the comparisons with Shaun of the Dead may have been too great. Still managed to sneak in some pretty black humour too though!

Great photography throughout, did Brooker direct it as well as write it does anyone know?

Wish I wasn't going to miss the next episode...

You have missed the first 20 mins of it on E4+1.

I'll try it, be lucky if I get a signal on my crappy freeview box. The DVD box set comes out on the 3rd of November, any good and i might get it.

was excellent, will be watching part two tonight.

Kind of big bro meets 28 days later

yeah it was brilliant, I'm a big brooker fan and was really impressed! Dark, gruesome, scary and very funny... It was great that it was supported by BB, and seeing davina as a zombie was priceless!

REally cant stand zombie flicks , and these new fast zombies sigh ... their called Ghouls concepts been around fro years .

(Goes off to write his short story of attack of the zombies vs the combine harvesters)

Ok im a bit behind here,whats it called and is it a film or one off thing so i can download it,cheers.

Its called Dead Set and is a five part drama thing. Its based around big brother, and definitely very similar to 28 Days Later. If you have watched any channel 4/ e4 recently you cant miss the adverts!

I loved it, thought it was great! Was so graphic as well, loved the bit with the fire extinguisher!!!

You can stream it free from 4 on demand, you just need to download their application.

Also yeah was bloody good. Standard fare mixed into some really gratuitous violence performed on the back room world of television.

Last edited:
Anyone still watching this 3 shows in? Still pretty damn decent...

Finally remembered to watch it tonight, feel like i've missed the best bits though.

Back