• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

According to the Echo, we've turned down a bid from ICT for Barnard - isn't that where Foran ended up? Plus interest from Brizzle Rovers for Clifford and several Conference sides for Williams.

Can't see anyone coming in.

Can see a few going out though.

Jason Williams going out on loan with 4 Conference clubs (Welling, Torquay, Aldershot and Lincoln) in for him. Welling and Aldershot are in relegation scraps. Torquay are comfortably in mid-table and Lincoln are a few points outside the play-offs.

Conor Clifford is getting interest from Bristol Rovers, who are 2nd in the Conference and 7 points off leaders Barnet.

Lee Barnard might be off, we've turned down an offer from Inverness as Barnard would rather stay here and fight for his place.

Jason Williams going out on loan with 4 Conference clubs (Welling, Torquay, Aldershot and Lincoln) in for him. Welling and Aldershot are in relegation scraps. Torquay are comfortably in mid-table and Lincoln are a few points outside the play-offs.
Our best striker and only attracting interest from these sides. How strange! Looks like the footballing world are all wrong about him.

Like I said a few weeks back, my information was that we will be getting 2 strikers and a centre back in, and that's it. Who to let go, or accept offers for is Phil Brown's only concern now.

Nice that we got our business done early on and we are already reaping the rewards! Has improved competition for places and Thompson and JBW have linked up very well at CB with Barrett and Bolger not even making the squad!

Our best striker and only attracting interest from these sides. How strange! Looks like the footballing world are all wrong about him.

To be fair, and without the mickey taking, he did well the level beneath so hopefully one of those comes off. Will be good experience for him and if he could have a few months in a conference side and do well it will give him a boost to maybe push for a first team role next season.

Like I said a few weeks back, my information was that we will be getting 2 strikers and a centre back in, and that's it. Who to let go, or accept offers for is Phil Brown's only concern now.

Indeed, cant see why we would be looking to bring anyone else in now. I know we were keeping an eye on Lee but seems overkill now, numbers wise at least.

Indeed, cant see why we would be looking to bring anyone else in now. I know we were keeping an eye on Lee but seems overkill now, numbers wise at least.

Maybe it's just me but I've seen nothing yet from Cassidy that suggests he's going to be scoring many goals for us so I still think we need someone else like Lee in.

i'd like to see Williams go out till the end of the season, tends to work better than the odd month here or there. I'd guess the preferable location is whichever club would see him get the most playing time

I don't think it's going to be that exciting of a deadline day in general. Seems a lot of clubs these days are opting for loans with view to permenant, don't think much money will be spent. As for us I would like to have seen Lee come in especially if we lose Barnard. But very happy overall with the business that PB has done.

Maybe it's just me but I've seen nothing yet from Cassidy that suggests he's going to be scoring many goals for us so I still think we need someone else like Lee in.

No Im not convinced either and did think the same, but if we were to get Lee then there would be no point in keeping Cassidy, 4 loanee strikers is far too many.

Cassidy barely got any service yesterday, which is the only time I've seen him. His movement was good and his hold up play in the channels was good. He made a good run into space which only required a simple pass from Weston, who instead chose have a tame shot.

He got into the right positions too and would have scored had Weston been able to stay onside.

My comments were based on having seen him in each of the last three games. Also I'm pretty sure that only last week PB himself said that he'd like to bring one more striker in.

Saw Cassidy at Oxford and the game passed him by. According to the last two games same thing happened. He has had three games and not shown anything. I'd be happy for someone else to have a go, if not Barnard then someone new like Lee

Clifford is so much better than the Conference, can't blame him for turning his nose up.

Back