• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Deadpool 2013

maninasuitcase

President
Time to start thinking about your 2013 list. Same rules as last year.

1. 10 picks per person.
2. They must be alive on 01/01/2013
3. They must have a wiki page
4. They cannot be on death row awaiting execution
5. You can't bump them off yourself
6. You can sub someone in if a pick croaks before 01/01/2013

Away you go.

too late to implement for this year, but maybe for 2014 an age handicap system? Makes it a higher score for a 40-50 year old than a 90-100.

too late to implement for this year, but maybe for 2014 an age handicap system? Makes it a higher score for a 40-50 year old than a 90-100.

I was in a "deadpool competition" a few years back where for each death you got 100 points less the deceased's age on the date of death.

Made it a bit more interesting

Still standing in 2012

From the world of literature, is 451 Fahrenheit the temperature of hell? - it's Ray Bradbury!

From the world of politics, his political career has been dead for over a decade now - it's Bob Dole!

From the world of acting, he's the world's greatest living cockney, but how much longer before he's diagnosed as brown bread? - it's Dick Van Dyke!

From the world of the living dead - it's Dennis Norden!

He outlasted Sugar Ray Robinson in the ring and in life, but is 201213 going to be a knockout for Raging Bull Jake LaMotta?

Is 2012 the year Eric Hobsbawm becomes history himself? It would surely just be historical determinism.

I say a little prayer that we won't be paying our last Respects to the great Aretha Franklin

From the Queen of Soul to No Soul, if there's no moor vacancies in heaven that won't be an issue for Ian Brady

Will the Grim Reaper hit a Bullseye with the legendary Jim Bowen

And finally strap in, could it be Frank Bough's going to be Frank Bough?

So I'll add in:

As a royal miscarriage isn't allowed under the rules, the Grim Reaper will be looking elsewhere in the Royal Family - step forward and say some inappropriate last words HRH Phil the Greek!

There will be weeping in student bars across the country, but will 2013 be the year to free Nelson Mandela from the pain of old age?

I'll have a stab with this lot.

1. Nelson Mandella
2. George Bush Senior
3. Prince Phillip
4. Zsa Zsa Gabor
5. Maggie Thatcher
6. Kirk Douglas
7. Robert Mugabe
8. Slim Whitman
9.Billy Graham
10. Sir Sterling Moss

Not normally my bag, but being as every household name in Britain is currently wondering whether they'll get a visit from the plod, I think I'll have a stab.

1. Eli Wallach
2. Mickey Rooney
3. Leslie Phillips
4. Roger Moore
5. Robert Mugabe
6. Ayman Mohammed Rabie al-Zawahiri (current leader of al Qaeda)
7. Hugo Chavez
8. Fidel Castro
9. George Michael
10. Bashar al-Assad

1. Nelson Mandella
2.Kirk Douglas
3.Clint Eastwood
4.Prince Philip
5.Barry Manalow
6.Cliff Richard
7.Bob Willet(cricket)
8.Bill Beaumont(rugby)
9.Robert Mugabe
10.Sean Connery

and may God have mercy on their souls,apart from no9.

Nelson Mandela
Michael Winner
Baroness Thatcher
Sir Anthony Wedgewood Benn
Kirk Douglas
Zsa Zsa Gabor
Patrick Macnee
Harper Lee
Ronnie Biggs
Ian Brady

Last edited:
Back