• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Deadpool 2023

Might have been Shades which I think was along that parade at the top of Pier Hill. My mum used to get in there around that time and she mentioned they had live music.
Thanks, Al - it was many years before my time of going to gigs in the town (as was) so nice to have that historical knowledge.

John Giblin bass player with Simple Minds for many years who also played with Peter Gabriel, Kate Bush and many more....only 71

Last edited:
John Giblin bass player with Simple Minds for many years who also played with Peter Gabriel, Kate Bush and many more....only 71
I loved Themes For Great Cities.

I know he didn't play bass on it.

Which isn't much of a eulogy I will admit.

Last edited:
Doyle Brunson. American Poker Legend. Nicknamed The Godfather Of Poker. I met and played poker with him at my friend George Crawley's club at Park Royal West London in 2006. George was a friend of his and flew him over to promote the then newly opened poker rooms at The Western Club. He was an absolute gentleman. Signed autographs and did lots of selfies with a smile and never complained. Very quiet at the table to be fair, not like some Americans on the poker table. Doyle was 89. He at least outlasted The Western Club that closed down about 8 years ago. He also became a multi millionaire through playing poker all his life. Not many poker players achieve that.
f086d80c6c.jpg

Last edited:
RIP Martin Amiss.TBH I'm a much bigger fan of Julian Barnes or Ian McEwan but you have to be sorry when anyone of MA's importance dies.

Back