• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Dervite recall clause?

Kenny

Thailand Shrimper
watching the Spurs vs Newcastle game and Dawson has just been stretchered off. With Ledley King already injured (as usual) are the Yids likely to bring Dorian back a few weeks early?

I know sometimes with loans the parent club can bring players back as they see fit but I'm not sure what small print has been agreed between us and Spurs.

During all my years of coaching experience on Football Manager I know there is usually a tickbox on loans about whether I can bring them back early or not :)

TBH would i really matter? our season is dead. We just got to play for pride now, maybe change the team a bit, give other players a chance. Highly unlikely Dorian will play for us ever again at the end of the season

Yeah I agree. It doesn't really matter now we have nothing to play for. Johnny Herd could come in at left back and move Barrett back in the centre for 2 games. If Clarke goes in the summer we could finally solve the central defensive conundrum we've had for a few seasons.

I think Tilly should send all the loanees home now and play some of our kids in their places.

Having seen the reserves Paul, I really wouldn't. If Dorian has to go back, then just switch Franno to CB and Sankofa comes in at RB, not rocket science.

Having seen the reserves Paul, I really wouldn't. If Dorian has to go back, then just switch Franno to CB and Sankofa comes in at RB, not rocket science.

Why not, our seasons over. The remaining games are pretty pointless.

Maybe, still don't want to be on the end of a drubbing, thank you, there's such a thing as pride!

Whittaker might be worth giving a chance but he is the only one really. Would like to see Johnny Herd play these last 2 games and Stuart O'Keefe get involved.

Stuart O'Keefe might have to get involved if the injuries to Grant and Christophe are serious, especially as Macca tweaked his hamstring as well.

In fact, ring Oldham & Cheltenham and invite them for a game of beach football instead down at Chalkwell.

Play Herd left back, Franno centre back with Clarke or Barrett. Sankofa right back, against Cheltenham. Bring O Keefe into the middle maybe. Even if they beat us and stay up(not likely) we will have given ourselves an easy 6 points next season!

To be honest dorian isn't good enough for the prem, he has shown he can quite easily manage lg 1 attackers but he makes mistakes and if they are made in the prem, even the championship you will get punished.

Also i think herd starting is a must for the rest of the season, everyone has seen the boy has quite clearly got tallent, he was my man of the match against Chelsea but if we dont give him a chance in the first team he will end up like kightly, going somewhere smaller, get played every game then move somewhere big. The same with O'keefe, hopefully he is involved a bit more next season.

Also i think herd starting is a must for the rest of the season, everyone has seen the boy has quite clearly got tallent, he was my man of the match against Chelsea but if we dont give him a chance in the first team he will end up like kightly, going somewhere smaller, get played every game then move somewhere big. The same with O'keefe, hopefully he is involved a bit more next season.

I love it now how every player that may leave for whatever reason people think they will do a Kightly on us.

Anyways, Clarkey needs to let us know what is happening next season. Is he staying or going? If his off I'd drop him, bring Barrett in to partner Dervite and put Herd at left back to get him back into the swing of things. If his staying next season, we don't really need to change it around.

Also, it depends what Tilson wants to do with the back four next season. He may decide Francis is off and let Sankofa have a little run to get the shirt for next season.

I love it now how every player that may leave for whatever reason people think they will do a Kightly on us.

Anyways, Clarkey needs to let us know what is happening next season. Is he staying or going? If his off I'd drop him, bring Barrett in to partner Dervite and put Herd at left back to get him back into the swing of things. If his staying next season, we don't really need to change it around.

Also, it depends what Tilson wants to do with the back four next season. He may decide Francis is off and let Sankofa have a little run to get the shirt for next season.

well why not play herd. Barrett i hope wont be playing LB next season so why not give herd a run considering our season is over. As for Clarke he wont know what he is doing until the transfer window opens, why would he sign on here if he gets an offer from a championship club?

well why not play herd. Barrett i hope wont be playing LB next season so why not give herd a run considering our season is over. As for Clarke he wont know what he is doing until the transfer window opens, why would he sign on here if he gets an offer from a championship club?

But Clarkey should let Tilly and RM know then. He should be saying, I've heard X Y and Z are interested in me and if this is the case I will be off, if this doesn't happen by June time I'll be in first day of pre-season to sign something like that. This will allow Tilly time to look at his options and see who else is about to bring in.

As for bringing Herd in. I agree with you, but Barrett wont be dropped. It would have to be Clarke or Devite allowing Barrett to come into the centre.

But Clarkey should let Tilly and RM know then. He should be saying, I've heard X Y and Z are interested in me and if this is the case I will be off, if this doesn't happen by June time I'll be in first day of pre-season to sign something like that. This will allow Tilly time to look at his options and see who else is about to bring in.

As for bringing Herd in. I agree with you, but Barrett wont be dropped. It would have to be Clarke or Devite allowing Barrett to come into the centre.

Get real, what player has ever said that? It's just never gonna happen.

Hopefully Ron, Tilly & Brush have learnt from Gower's episode last year and will be looking at alternatives even if they are not sure.

Back