• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Why not just create robots that never misplace a pass or miss a shot or definitely make the tackle.......or even better build goalkeepers that have 8 foot long arms.....the game is the game its been fine for a hundred odd years.......standing around waiting for some bloke in a room to make a decision on a tackle or a this or that zzzzzzzzzzz I would seriously consider not attending

Come on leeblue, that is just ridiculous. If you can create a robot that never misplaces a pass etc, then you can easily create robots that never stray offside, and break any of the rules. Then there'd be no need for video technology, or referees for that matter.

Come on leeblue, that is just ridiculous. If you can create a robot that never misplaces a pass etc, then you can easily create robots that never stray offside, and break any of the rules. Then there'd be no need for video technology, or referees for that matter.

Hee, Hee I reckon the germans would love a few robot footballers

The way the Hawkeye technology is being used in all Premier League matches this season is that if the whole of the ball crosses the line, as determined by the series of cameras in and around the goal, then the word "GOAL!" will be flashed up immediately on a watch worn by the referee. He will therefore be able to award the goal without any delay. If he does not receive the message on his watch, he will just allow play to continue, as the whole of the ball will not have crossed the line.

Indeed, I think the referee was wearing one of those on Wednesday night for the England vs Scotland match.

My issues with this were twofold. Firstly I was concerned how long it would take. Having seen a demo on TV I can see how quickly the referee gets the message. Secondly, this goes against something that FIFA have always said: that all games at all levels (from the World Cup Final to down to Sunday pub leagues) should be played under the same "rules". This has now changed, but hey ho...

The only other concern isn't a big deal yet, but could easily become one. Given that the message to the referee has to be sent wirelessly, it must be possible to hack the system. It won't be long before someone does, although that could be quite amusing when the ref gets a goal message just as someone kicks off!

Look at sufc v ntfc how many bad calls where their the offical down the east stand was awful the ref was given out yelleow cards like candy, was it a pen i don't think so from my veiw how many time was bbbc fouled before he got a decision in his favor???

Back