• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Dinner at Roots hall

Mad Cyril

The Fresh Prince of Belfairs⭐⭐
Has anyone ever eaten the 3 course meal at Roots Hall in the blues lounge before a match?

I am thinking of booking a table on my birthday and want to know what the food is like!

Not sure they'll do your beloved pasties though  
biggrin.gif

Nice appetite !

I had a Christmas dinner there before a match and met Barry Fry, who I asked to sign my programme, Vic Jobson (who I didn't ask) and Jim Rosenthal (who I didn't ask, but he signed it anyway, the Gargoyle-looking orange freak)

The food was adequate, from what I remember.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Artful Shrimper @ July 01 2004,11:42)]Not sure they'll do your beloved pasties though  
biggrin.gif

Nice appetite !
The reason I ask is that if the food is a bit snide I will concentrate on the drinking and will eat after the match.

I do like the idea of meeting the players though.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ July 01 2004,11:44)]I had a Christmas dinner there before a match and met Barry Fry, who I asked to sign my programme, Vic Jobson (who I didn't ask) and Jim Rosenthal (who I didn't ask, but he signed it anyway, the Gargoyle-looking orange freak)

Sounds like it was a long time ago.......

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mad Cyril @ July 01 2004,11:47)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ July 01 2004,11:44)]I had a Christmas dinner there before a match and met Barry Fry, who I asked to sign my programme, Vic Jobson (who I didn't ask) and Jim Rosenthal (who I didn't ask, but he signed it anyway, the Gargoyle-looking orange freak)

Sounds like it was a long time ago.......
Yes. But the memory of Jim Rosenthal asking me to sit on his lap* remains with me to this day

*not really, for any policemen lurking.

Food was OK when I last ate at Roots Hall; it was some soup they gave us when we collected for the British Legion a few years back!

WS

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ July 01 2004,11:48)]Yes. But the memory of Jim Rosenthal asking me to sit on his lap* remains with me to this day

*not really, for any policemen lurking.
Rosenthal you slag, you're nicked.

I AM A MEMBER OF THE BLUES LOUNGE AND EAT THERE BEFORE ALL MATCHES (AND STILL ALIVE ) - IT'S NORMALLY REASONABLY GOOD - I TAKE GUESTS IN THERE QUITE A LOT AND THEY HAVE BEEN VERY IMPRESSED WITH THE SET UP.
YOU GET YOUR STARTERS AND SWEET SERVED BUT HAVE TO GO UP FOR THE MAIN COURSE WHICH A BIT OF A BIND BUT THERE'S ALWAYS A CHOICE.
I THINK I HEARD DAVID CROWN WILL BE SPEAKING IN THERE THIS SEASON BEFORE THE MATCHES - WHICH IS BETTER THAN IT SOUNDS - HE'S VERY GOOD.
I'M SURE YOU WILL HAVE A GOOD TIME.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ July 01 2004,13:17)]I AM A MEMBER OF THE BLUES LOUNGE AND EAT THERE BEFORE ALL MATCHES (AND STILL ALIVE ) - IT'S NORMALLY REASONABLY GOOD - I TAKE GUESTS IN THERE QUITE A LOT AND THEY HAVE BEEN VERY IMPRESSED WITH THE SET UP.
YOU GET YOUR STARTERS AND SWEET SERVED BUT HAVE TO GO UP FOR THE MAIN COURSE WHICH A BIT OF A BIND BUT THERE'S ALWAYS A CHOICE.
I THINK I HEARD DAVID CROWN WILL BE SPEAKING IN THERE THIS SEASON BEFORE THE MATCHES - WHICH IS BETTER THAN IT SOUNDS - HE'S VERY GOOD.
I'M SURE YOU WILL HAVE A GOOD TIME.
Is it noisy in there? I'm only asking because you seem to shout a lot.

rock.gif

Back