• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Disastrous Form

Barmy Army

Director
I'm looking for an excellent winger and have found a real bargain one, mainly due to the fact that he has disastrous form.

Is he likely to improve to passable over time or is he likely to suck forever?

'Ta

It's a tricky one, I've found... the old adage of "form is temporary, class is permanent" doesn't necessarily seem to apply all the time in Hattrick.

As an example, I've got my two 3.5* defenders.  One - solid defending, passable experience (aged 31), and his form has only ever been solid or excellent, ever since I bought him a year ago as a 30yr old for £98K.

The other - formidable defending, 24 years old (poor experience, I think), and I bought him with wretched form for £365K at the beginning of the season.  His form did get up to passable for 1 week, but has dipped back to inadequate.

However, I guess with Hattrick, it's all about potential.  So, even though the older guy has been picked every week, because he churns out 3.5* performances every week - whilst the younger guy has only hit 3.5* a couple of times and so keeps getting dropped - I still don't regret spending 3.5 times as much for the younger (and unreliable) guy.

The latter is younger, and has a lot more potential... with his stamina up to solid or so (I'm embarking on a 7 week stamina training regime), and once he's been with me a bit longer, I'm hoping his form will rise in time.

So, the question is - can you afford your player now... and crucially, can you afford for him to be playing either in your reserves, or very poorly in the first team, whilst his form improves?

If the answer to those is "yes", and if you can't find another solid winger you'd rather have, then I'd say that there's a pretty reasonable argument for snapping him up...

cool.gif

Hope that helps,

Matt

Thanks a lot Matt.

I think I'll go for him as even with disastrous form he should still get a decent rating

Disastrous form?

Have you been scouting my squad again??

sad.gif

At least I've scored now...

Back