• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Disgusting drunken antics

Scott, you're opening yourself up for both praise and criticism here. Are you sure you're prepared for that?

3,000 Birmingham fans was as bad as it got!

Jokes aside I find it laughable how lads enjoying a day out at Wembley in a pub drinking and singing Southend songs a problem!

Scott, when I saw you at the Green Man, topless, drunk and swaying all over the table top I thought you looked a prat.

But you weren't hurting anyone and whilst my days of drunkenness are long gone, I remembered it was the first time our little club were playing at Wembley and quite a few people were in a similar state to yourself.

Not a problem.

Well at least you don't have a bell and changed your name to Mr Southend. :nope:

Apparently according to North Wales Shrimper the antics and the green man were shameful!!!!!

We should be locked up!

Discuss...

well you asked so, the abuse you gave a fan in the stadium was 'shameful' IMO. totally uncalled for and totally unnecesary. The guy and his mates left early on our big day out and I wondered if your abuse had anything to do with that. I haven't brought it up before as it had nothing to do with me but as you now asking for comments on you behavouir I am doing what you requested and giving an opinion

Last edited:
Nothing wrong with the lads on the **** at football!
I do however feel that the "look at me, look at me" was a bit laughable!

well you asked so, the abuse you gave a fan in the stadium was 'shameful' IMO. totally uncalled for and totally unnecesary. The guy and his mates left early on ou big day out and I wondered if you abuse had anything to do with that. I haven't brought it up before as it had nothing to do with me but as you now asking for comments on you behavouir I am doing what you requested and giving an opinion

Did you hear him turn around and shout support your club?

What the north Wales shrimper really thinks..

North Wales Shrimper said:
I expect supporters to behave in a respectable manner and not like boorish lager louts out on the town in Southend. Your actions were exactly why football got such a bad name in the 70s and 80s.

I will try and stay in my North Waled ******** because at least people up here know how to behave properly. I can go to the rugby in Cardiff with 70,000 other people and not see drunken behaviour and rugby is notorious for drink.

It's your sort who is exactly why I got out of the ******** that is Southend. Most people who move away from Southend never move back because from a distance you realise what a dump it is. I certainly did in March when I walked right through the town.

Back on topic, I would take bars out of football stadia (as they did in Scotland) and enforce the rules to stop people over the drink drive limit from getting in.

What the north Wales shrimper really thinks..

If this guy had been in the 'Dam Square' last week at 6pm, before the Chelsea v Benfica game, he'd have had enough material to write a book!. Hey adopted Taff, get over it and learn the words to 'Land of my fathers' in Welsh. Time waster.

Oh behave, has this bloke seriously wasted 10 minutes of his life writing that? The green man pub was one of the highlights of my season. People just find anything to moan about nowadays, what's wrong with having a few (10+) beers with sufc fans with some songs, its what any club does on the same situation. No harm was caused at all. go out to serbia and italy then !! And regarding your 'taking the bars out of football stadia' that is why you probably have no friends

Scott,

Over a number of years of going to away matches you've always seemed just a bit to OTT. Your drunken antics on that day should have got you arrested - but they didn't.

I can't even really remember how we got on to this subject - oh that's right - the lack of communication from the club meaning that items appear on eBay that would appear to be fake unless you can find any reference to the Shadow Squad on the official website - guess what - THERE ISN'T ANY. Nor is there any on the Trust website (that I could find).

So you stay in your dump and I'll live in my National Park.

My missus isn't a lager drinking lout but she really enjoyed the atmosphere in The Green Man. It was a fantastic start to the day out and although the result didn't go our way it's something that will live long in my memory.

Bravo Scott for your hard work in getting an atmosphere going, home and away. Yes sometimes it can flirt with disaster, especially when Scott and co have had a few, but on the whole we need to get behind the lads and often Scott/TBV are the catalyst.

I'm not exactly sure what you were expecting by going to a huge beer garden before the game NWS, people stroking their beards and supping halves??!

Scott,

Over a number of years of going to away matches you've always seemed just a bit to OTT. Your drunken antics on that day should have got you arrested - but they didn't.

I can't even really remember how we got on to this subject - oh that's right - the lack of communication from the club meaning that items appear on eBay that would appear to be fake unless you can find any reference to the Shadow Squad on the official website - guess what - THERE ISN'T ANY. Nor is there any on the Trust website (that I could find).

So you stay in your dump and I'll live in my National Park.

You sound like you're from a black and white film.

You jumped to a conclusion over an eBay listing and suddenly we're getting your life story.

Back