• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Do the trust represent the majority of its members ?

Are you a trust member do you want Martin gone ?

• Yes

Votes: 26 28.6%
  • No

Votes: 21 23.1%
  • Not a member

Votes: 44 48.4%

• Total voters
I'm a member of the Trust - I don't think they need to tell Ron if the Trust supports him or not, not sure what that achieves - or how the Trust is even supporting Ron

I'm a member of the Trust - I don't think they need to tell Ron if the Trust supports him or not, not sure what that achieves - or how the Trust is even supporting Ron
They are the largest representative of Southend fans they have fans from all groups … surely they should be our voice box or is this not the case

Agree they are the main voice but I just don't see what real influence they have over Ron. They could pull the plug on whatever money they give to the club though think that's mainly on the youths. In the absence of anyone making a takeover bid that Ron would accept our only hope in the short term is that the new CEO has enough nous to influence Ron to get in a manager who knows the NL

They are the largest representative of Southend fans they have fans from all groups … surely they should be our voice box or is this not the case

The trust were supportive of the recent protests for change. I'm not sure that the Trust working against RM is the way forward. I would potentially be supportive of a change of ownership - depending on who the potential owner is - but that's not me blindly saying RM out. It's not as black and white as that. If there's 80-90% of membership calling for RM out then fair enough, Trust can make a statement - not that it will achieve anything, but 50-70% (which I suspect is where we are at) I don't know.

Agree they are the main voice but I just don't see what real influence they have over Ron. They could pull the plug on whatever money they give to the club though think that's mainly on the youths. In the absence of anyone making a takeover bid that Ron would accept our only hope in the short term is that the new CEO has enough nous to influence Ron to get in a manager who knows the NL

Shouldn’t be a problem.

He’s already made a good start by stemming the cash haemorrhage caused by the official programme and the ticket collection sites.

Oh….and he’s made sure we don’t waste money on ageing professionals like Ricky Holmes.

Clearly no one is happy with the current situation at our football club, I think we thought it would be tough in the conference but possibly not quite this tough.

I personally don’t think the trust should tell Ron that is our position but it should absolutely represent it’s members. The only reason that I do not support “Ron out” is I do not see it as a feasible option at the moment as I am yet to see or hear a reasonable alternative we should be seeking unless we wanted a Phoenix club in which case that is a proactive action that could be investigated further.

If the trust were to make this position what are we seeking to achieve from it? People comment about Stan etc but he clearly hasn’t got the stomach for it, it’s a tough gig at the end of the day and I don’t blame him for not wanting to persist.

What exactly would you as a member be wanting to the trust to say? Secondly, what would the goal be? Would it be as simply be Ron out knowing the risk of that? That’s clearly an option but there should be a strategy behind any comment or decision rather that heat of the moment comment. Really interested in thoughts how those that think this should be approached and the ultimate outcome they are seeking beyond Ron out.

I will also just say, whilst the trust represents it members, it is interested in the view of the entire fan base as it seeks to be the voice of the fans. I fully accept it can (does) not please everyone or even a lot of people at times but that is the aspiration of a group of fans that care a lot for our football club (like everyone on this board also does, whether we agree not).

Last edited:
Clearly no one is happy with the current situation at our football club, I think we thought it would be tough in the conference but possibly not quite this tough.

I personally don’t think the trust should tell Ron that is our position but it should absolutely represent it’s members. The only reason that I do not support “Ron out” is I do not see it as a feasible option at the moment as I am yet to see or hear a reasonable alternative we should be seeking unless we wanted a Phoenix club in which case that is a proactive action that could be investigated further.

If the trust were to make this position what are we seeking to achieve from it? People comment about Stan etc but he clearly hasn’t got the stomach for it, it’s a tough gig at the end of the day and I don’t blame him for not wanting to persist.

What exactly would you as a member be wanting to the trust to say? Secondly, what would the goal be? Would it be as simply be Ron out knowing the risk of that? That’s clearly an option but there should be a strategy behind any comment or decision rather that heat of the moment comment. Really interested in thoughts how those that think this should be approached and the ultimate outcome they are seeking beyond Ron out.
I just caught up with the latest Zoom call the other day, and I enjoyed Ron's response to the question about whether he would welcome fan investment. He said he didn't think it worked.

No Ron, your method is working an absolute dream.

Shouldn’t be a problem.

He’s already made a good start by stemming the cash haemorrhage caused by the official programme and the ticket collection sites.

Oh….and he’s made sure we don’t waste money on ageing professionals like Ricky Holmes.
I detect a touch of sarcasm in your reply. The programme fiasco seems to me to have been a genuine attempt at trying something different and saving money at the same time. It's obviously gone badly wrong and I don't think TL helped himself by hiding behind the carbon footprint nonsense. It appears that following the intervention of a poster on here he has now listened. Time will tell of course.
I expressed the hope he might have enough about him to influence Ron to make a better appointment of manager. Let's be honest Ron's recent track record has been awful and it's hard to see how the input of someone else could lead to anything worse than Ron's recent efforts.

I just caught up with the latest Zoom call the other day, and I enjoyed Ron's response to the question about whether he would welcome fan investment. He said he didn't think it worked.

No Ron, your method is working an absolute dream.

He is not interested in anybody playing with HIS ball. He promised The Trust a seat on the board many years ago when they lent him 60K, it never happened because he wants complete control over everything. It seems his property empire is now all that matters and he will let nobody near him or the club. The board of Directors is a paper thing, none of them have any say.

I will be more than surprised if Tom Lawrence is still here by the end of the season, He will find the frustrations and hidden agendas just the same as the previous CEOs. None stick around for long.

Last edited:
People subscribe to the idea that its our club. Its not. Its Ron's entertainment business that we attend. It ceased being our club when it was sold off. Why that happened I've no idea, but Ron bought it with all the land that went with it for peanuts. Again how did that happen? Ron can do what he likes with this business and we really have no say. If we stop using this business maybe things might change.

He is not interested in anybody playing with HIS ball. He promised The Trust a seat on the board many years ago when they lent him 60K, it never happened because he wants complete control over everything. It seems his property empire is now all that matters and he will let nobody near him or the club. The board of Directors is a paper thing, none of them have any say.

I will be more than surprised if Tom Lawrence is still here by the end of the season, He will find the frustrations and hidden agendas just the same as the previous CEOs. None stick around for long.

Agreed I said to my plants the other day, I’d be surprised if a professional guy like TL will want to be associated with this **** shower for much longer , he’s basically become the shop manager

Agreed I said to my plants the other day, I’d be surprised if a professional guy like TL will want to be associated with this **** shower for much longer , he’s basically become the shop manager
He could at least come out on matchday and flog some programmes...

As for the Trust, got to be realistic they havent got a 50 million pound magic wand to change things.

People subscribe to the idea that its our club. Its not. Its Ron's entertainment business that we attend. It ceased being our club when it was sold off. Why that happened I've no idea, but Ron bought it with all the land that went with it for peanuts. Again how did that happen? Ron can do what he likes with this business and we really have no say. If we stop using this business maybe things might change.
Just talking to my mate about it and i said thats realistically the only way we make a stand.

Stop going. But its not gonna happen soon, could take years for the crowds to dwindle down to < 2000, by which point I suspect Ron will say "I tried, but the fans didnt back the club" or some nonsense.

Trouble is, all the bluster on SZ about LETS GET RON OUT!!!!!!!! .... well, lets see THOSE people stick millions of pounds into a bottomless pit. Very much doubt anyone on here could find even 10% of what Rons put in yearly. Its just a no-go.

Sadly, I cant see an answer. He's supported the club financially as much as he has had to (just), but my word I wouldnt trust him to run a bath, let alone a football club. Knee jerk decisions that have cost the club millions and their league status. He's absolutely not fit for the job, but he's going nowhere :(

Ron bought it with all the land that went with it for peanuts. Again how did that happen?
I believe it was already basically mortgaged to a loan company when Ron came in which we would have defaulted on and who would have become the owners if Ron hadn't paid that off at the time and injected a load more cash. Not a huge defender of him at the moment but not sure what else could have been done at the time. It's not like he would have just put that £4m in out of goodwill.

Just talking to my mate about it and i said thats realistically the only way we make a stand.

Stop going. But its not gonna happen soon, could take years for the crowds to dwindle down to < 2000, by which point I suspect Ron will say "I tried, but the fans didnt back the club" or some nonsense.

Trouble is, all the bluster on SZ about LETS GET RON OUT!!!!!!!! .... well, lets see THOSE people stick millions of pounds into a bottomless pit. Very much doubt anyone on here could find even 10% of what Rons put in yearly. Its just a no-go.

Sadly, I cant see an answer. He's supported the club financially as much as he has had to (just), but my word I wouldnt trust him to run a bath, let alone a football club. Knee jerk decisions that have cost the club millions and their league status. He's absolutely not fit for the job, but he's going nowhere :(
How do we know that it's actually "what Rons put in yearly" or that "He's supported the club financially". Could it be the clubs assets that his companies bought on the cheap, that are worth millions (and rising), and his companies put money back into the club whenever he manages to raise more funds of the back of those assets ?

How do we know that it's actually "what Rons put in yearly" or that "He's supported the club financially". Could it be the clubs assets that his companies bought on the cheap, that are worth millions (and rising), and his companies put money back into the club whenever he manages to raise more funds of the back of those assets ?
This is probably partly true - a bit of both - but if RH belonged to the club it wouldn't be able to raise money on the assets in quite the same way, and those assets also wouldn't include the Fossets development as there's no way the club could have fronted anything to make that a possibility.

This is probably partly true - a bit of both - but if RH belonged to the club it wouldn't be able to raise money on the assets in quite the same way, and those assets also wouldn't include the Fossets development as there's no way the club could have fronted anything to make that a possibility.
..and I don't think RM can front anything to make is a possibility, either ? He's continually looked for business partners to complete the project. If you look at the accounts (when he can be bothered to file them) of his various companies, none of them have the financial strength to carry this through....otherwise it would have happened already IMO ?

Back