• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. Same in any trial, until convicted the names of the accused should not be released. **** sticks, and who knows, these men could be innocent.

Give them 1000 hours community service each --- by the looks of their occupations they should work solely on Uncle Ron's brand spanking new stadium , which of course starts in the next week or so

Give them 1000 hours community service each --- by the looks of their occupations they should work solely on Uncle Ron's brand spanking new stadium , which of course starts in the next week or so

Knowing the club, they'll not contact them for months and invalidate the punishment.

Does anyone know these guys. Are they Southend fans? if so doesn't look good on the club

Does anyone know these guys. Are they Southend fans? if so doesn't look good on the club

That's what I want to know, if they're Southend fans or not. Because this situation puts our club into a bad light.

Innocent until proven guilty and all that

Wrong morally ? Maybe. Wrong legally ? Certainly not. The cases are now sub judice and there are strict limits about what can and cannot be published. The basic information given - names, ages, street names, occupation falls within what is permitted.

Fair enough, wasn't sure about the legalities. It appears the police gave this info out on a press release.

That's what I want to know, if they're Southend fans or not. Because this situation puts our club into a bad light.

Well, I know some of the names on the list, as I'm sure others on the board do and yes I've seen them at games both home and away.

Two things that stand out to me.

2 hours after the game ?

No Cambridge fans ?

I also find it hard to believe it was 13-1 or 2 ? If it was that's shocking.

Two things that stand out to me.

2 hours after the game ?
Agreed. Not saying at all that the victim was looking for trouble, but personally when I go to aways games I like to get away ASAP after the final whistle. I've always felt that the longer you hang around, the more likely you are to encounter the sort of 'fans' who want trouble.

The CPS state

"I would like to remind all concerned that these individuals have a right to a fair trial"
"It is very important that there should be no reporting, commentary or sharing of information online that could in any way prejudice these proceedings
"

Best be careful what is said about this case on here.

I suppose we will hear about both sides of the story now as I presume the other 2 or 3 'Cambridge' fans that were there on the night will be called as witnesses?

The CPS state

"I would like to remind all concerned that these individuals have a right to a fair trial"
"It is very important that there should be no reporting, commentary or sharing of information online that could in any way prejudice these proceedings

I suppose we will hear about both sides of the story now as I presume the other 2 or 3 'Cambridge' fans that were there on the night will be called as witnesses?

The accused all ready have the most damming of prejudice labels in a court of law....'Football fans'

I think the Mods should consider locking this thread.

As someone else stated, the case has now gone to court and that's the ONLY forum where evidence should be heard. If anything is mentioned on places like social media, forums etc then that can prejudice any trial and in the past there have been cases of trials having been abandoned and re-tried due to various social media postings. People should be very careful about anything they post on here.

The CPS state

"

Any mods around? Since this word of caution was posted under an hour ago there have been 3 or 4 comments that would qualify for the label "prejudicial". If people can't tell what counts as prejudicial then best close the thread.

Come on everyone, stop the chatter now and Mods need to close this thread right now.
These are serious matters, affecting people's lives.
CLOSE THIS THREAD PLEASE, NOW.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back