• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Dogs or Cats...you decide.

Easy.... Which one do you prefer.

• Total voters
Dogs can obey rules
Cats can NOT obey rule

Call the dog he/she comes
Call the cat he/she comes in his/her own time

I have four cats - Toffee, Treacle, Fudge and Syrup :D :D 15,16 and two 1 year old brother and sisters.

I have never considered one of my own but I do like other people's dogs. Too much hard work for my liking. Cats you feed, brush and take periodically to the Vet. That's about it.

Some cats can. You might think i'm daft, but when my sister's cat wants to go out, I tell him to sit down and he does. So ner :p

And of course some cats are so intelligent that they will deliberately break rules and watch you in total defiance and insolence as they do so to see what you're going to do about it - very reminiscent of teenagers in fact!

In ancient Egypt felines were worshipped because the Egyptians thought they were funny.

Vast cat heads were built underground and seen by no-one*.

*Positive rep for anyone who can come up with the picture illustrating this.

cats2epa1212_468x294.jpg

In ancient Egypt felines were worshipped because the Egyptians thought they were funny.

Vast cat heads were built underground and seen by no-one*.

*Positive rep for anyone who can come up with the picture illustrating this.

black.square.jpg

The cats were, of course, always black.

Before one can make an informed choice about this, one has to understand the fundamental difference between dogs and cats:

A DOG considers his life. "I am fed, given treats, taken for long walks, have my own comfortable warm bed, am treated when ill, fussed and petted and praised by these bipeds. They must be Gods!"

A CAT considers his life. "I am fed, given treats, have my own door, am allowed to sleep on any bed in the house, am treated when ill, fussed and petted and praised by these bipeds. I must be God!"

Personally, I prefer to be the God, not the High Priest.

If you dropped a dog upside down from your upstairs window it would suffer serious injury and maybe death, where as a cat would spin over, land on its feet and walk away*

the lesson here is if you ever have to drop a dog from an upstairs window, tie cats to its feet first......

Me, I am allergic to both, but I find I take a liking to more cats than I do dogs.

Back