• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Doncaster interested in Bailey

Baileys and Clarkes are both fish and chip shops in the area.

Coincidence?

For the sake of team harmony I hope we don't sign any Jackos, Oldhams or Codfathers.

you cannot say that RM has pulled out all the stops to keep all our most talented players -

looks like he can't wait to get get the dosh in - given how he handled the FREDDY sale I guess he will be grabbingthe first serious offer rather than waiting til teh auction heats up -

shouldn't have been allowed to happen - Bailey seemed happy enough
to stay until he got transfer listd

"Bailey is thought to have impressed Rovers chief Sean O'Driscoll with his dynamic displays during the play-off semi-finals, where the South Yorkshire side triumphed on their way to promotion."

I don't remember them being dynamic in the semis.

you cannot say that RM has pulled out all the stops to keep all our most talented players -

looks like he can't wait to get get the dosh in - given how he handled the FREDDY sale I guess he will be grabbingthe first serious offer rather than waiting til teh auction heats up -

Thats unfair, he could have sold Freddy much much earlier than he did.

He could also have held onto him for a bit longer to get more money for him and sell him to a club that was going to play him.

If he held onto him longer he wouls have got progressivly less and less money for him as his cintract ran out.. As for a club that wants to play him, thats not Rons problem thats Eastwoods , why should Ron give a toss about a player who wants out, it all about getting as much money as poss from that point.. and the same applies to Bailey

Of course he was happy to stay - if RM bowed down to his "double wage" demands.

TBH I would rather just get a good fee for him and look elsewhere now.

with Pompey paying 6 million for Nugent a coupleof days before the window closed i think RM missed out on getting a hyped up price for Freddy -

if Baileys up for sale RM should be ambitious and look for a minimum of
a million quid - and hold out to the final days of the window - if we get left with Bailey - so what he can play for us -

what seems a realistic price to us does not necesarily mean you can't do much better when several clubs are interested ..

If he held onto him longer he wouls have got progressivly less and less money for him as his cintract ran out.. As for a club that wants to play him, thats not Rons problem thats Eastwoods , why should Ron give a toss about a player who wants out, it all about getting as much money as poss from that point.. and the same applies to Bailey

I wasn't saying hold onto him for the rest of the season and then let him go on a free, there was still quite a bit of time left in the window when he joined wolves.We'd just got back into pre season and Freddy was still here, I think Ron maybe could of held out for a bit more when you see the money some clubs pay for championship strikers these days.

As for Bailey i still don't understand why he was put on the transfer list if he still has two years to run on his current deal if it was one year i could understand it.

Don't you think that if the club could afford it then we wouldnt be in this situation now though?

Exactly, the money in football is ridiculous now.
very few players are loyal to clubs now they're just loyal to whoevers gunna pay them the most money.

As Bailey has two years on his contract we should take our time over any offers that some in for him, and if there are several clubs making bids, that will hopefully push the price up.

There's no point in keeping him around now. I reckon the relationship between club and player has somewhat soured and it wouldn't be good for the squad's morale.

Also, it's better that the whole thing is sorted so we can spend the money on replacement(s). Not that we should accept the first offer, but I'm sure Ron has an acceptable figure in mind.

Exactly, the money in football is ridiculous now.
very few players are loyal to clubs now they're just loyal to whoevers gunna pay them the most money.

Yes well I for one am glad that we didn't cave in to the demands of Bailey. Dont get me wrong he is a brilliant player and I would love for him to be at the club next season but I don't think a club our size can risk taking them kind of chances.

I'm sure that people would soon be complaining if we let every player have what they wanted and bought in lots of expensive over paid players that would milk the club dry. I would far rather watch Southend be a mid table league one club then watch them go bust and have to watch Canvey.

maybe the club could and should afford it -

we are not paying senior pros like Maher or Gower anymore -

also of course Bailey might do better and be worth more next year -

what is the cost of a replacement ? 2000 k ?
so paying out in wages might be cheaper .....

there is a lot of differnt ways of seeing it - but at the end of the day I think we could have kept him -

perhaps Tilly and Brush would rather have the money in the kitty - maybe they know something we don't (is Baily 100% fit ?) etc. but I am a bit suspicious that RM is a bit keen on selling and reducing wages bills .....

Back