• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Don't think we were that bad last night!

wiggy

Darryl's Love Child
Indivdually thought they showed a bit of promise. HRK looks good on the ball and has a good shot on him, Sawyer was lively and looked decent, Betsy as good as JCR, Barney we know can do it along with Francis, Barratt, Clarke, Scannell. Walker looked a very good player on the ball at times, especially if he went forward more. Dougie to come in as well. 4-2 flattered them because the keeper who has had enough stick already just don't wanna get involved in anything 50/50 or crosses, positioning is bad as well. So sort this position out and player for player is it a lot different from Gower only turning up 1 in 3 games, JCR going backwards along with king Kev and so on? Macca to come back as well, even i'm more optimistic than most on here Perhaps cause it was Borient it seemed worse than it really was!

Betsy as good as JCR

That's not really saying much though is it ;)

I'm afraid though I have to disagree though Wiggy. People are saying we have the same points as last season, and we always start poorly. However, from my point of view we are playing a lot worse than last season (or our other previous promotion seasons) especially in the defensive department, and I know you're going to say Mildenhall is our weak link at the back but he, just like Daryl and Collis, is conceding goals and I think we need to look at the bigger picture in that the defense are very poor as a unit and have been for a while.

Indivdually thought they showed a bit of promise. HRK looks good on the ball and has a good shot on him, Sawyer was lively and looked decent, Betsy as good as JCR, Barney we know can do it along with Francis, Barratt, Clarke, Scannell. Walker looked a very good player on the ball at times, especially if he went forward more. Dougie to come in as well. 4-2 flattered them because the keeper who has had enough stick already just don't wanna get involved in anything 50/50 or crosses, positioning is bad as well. So sort this position out and player for player is it a lot different from Gower only turning up 1 in 3 games, JCR going backwards along with king Kev and so on? Macca to come back as well, even i'm more optimistic than most on here Perhaps cause it was Borient it seemed worse than it really was!

The back 4 were useless and gave Mildy no protection whatsoever..get off Mildy's back...Flahavan isn't coming back...get over it!!!

Agree with a lot of what Wiggy said. Interesting to hear on Blues World last night, they kept on how much of an improvement the team were over saturday.

The back 4 were useless and gave Mildy no protection whatsoever..get off Mildy's back...Flahavan isn't coming back...get over it!!!

As they were on saturday against walsall but Mildy got the blame for that as well

That's not really saying much though is it ;)

I'm afraid though I have to disagree though Wiggy. People are saying we have the same points as last season, and we always start poorly. However, from my point of view we are playing a lot worse than last season (or our other previous promotion seasons) especially in the defensive department, and I know you're going to say Mildenhall is our weak link at the back but he, just like Daryl and Collis, is conceding goals and I think we need to look at the bigger picture in that the defense are very poor as a unit and have been for a while.

I actually think we have played better football so far this season, then we did until Leon Clarke came in last season.

We have been knocking the ball around nicely, Sawyer looks a very tidy player and we have two wingers at the moment in HRK and Betsy that like to attack the full back.

We started off quite well defensively, a lot of people was saying that we wouldn't let in many but would struggle to score. The last two games have seen terrible defending though.

I think that's a fair summary there from Wiggy, and I tend to agree that on the footballing side we are showing some lovely stuff at times. I like Betsy a lot, but I want to see him and Francis link up a bit more if he's playing right wing, and I wish Barney would stop dropping so deep - get in the box man!

even i'm more optimistic than most on here

Mods, someone stole Wiggys log in details. Can you sort it please.

I agree completely with Wiggy.. This board has gone crazy in past few days.. Its been a bit depressing.. That Millwall equaliser has had a bigger impact than we thought as not just cost us 2 points, but seems to have knocked our confidence (which happens with youngsters).. then Moussa gets sent off for nothing, and lose a game you should have won.. All we need is a victory, and we will be fine.
I think we all agree we arent going up this season, and as long as FF starts to be built soon (I keep driving past Waitrose with a faint fear in my heart), then I will happily settle for midtable...

I agree completely with Wiggy.. This board has gone crazy in past few days.. Its been a bit depressing.. That Millwall equaliser has had a bigger impact than we thought as not just cost us 2 points, but seems to have knocked our confidence (which happens with youngsters).. then Moussa gets sent off for nothing, and lose a game you should have won.. All we need is a victory, and we will be fine.
I think we all agree we arent going up this season, and as long as FF starts to be built soon (I keep driving past Waitrose with a faint fear in my heart), then I will happily settle for midtable...

Wiggy says some nice things about our players but sneaks a pop at Mildenhall in the middle and you all love her and agree with her....don't be blinkered!!

I think we all agree we arent going up this season, and as long as FF starts to be built soon (I keep driving past Waitrose wi

two wins and we will be flying .... i think there are loads of talented youngsters ....

and i think we can get promoted

sadly biggest problem at the back seems to be Adam Barratt

Oriental Woes

Everyone has an opinion of the Orient game and in my view it was a poor performance having put out on paper (unfortunately we don't play on paper) a stronger team that the 'O's.

Mildenhall ~ clearly does not have the confidence of the back four and is struggling at the moment, the chants won't help and although I have not seen much apart from his distribution of the ball from hand which was impressive at times, to convince me as yet, we need to give him a fair chance ~ ten games in is a time for review....

Francis ~ is doing what he did last season with a dip in form, unfortunately we have nobody to replace him at the back, he must know that so is it complacency after signing a new contract? Has been poor defensively in my view.

Barratt ~ hate to say it but again has been poor. Has always played his heart out but as it seems that when collectively the defence is poor he has been exposed at the back as others are not up to helping him out! Blindly going on an attacking rampage is not the answer!

Clarke ~ not the player he was last season and I am convinced the contract saga is affecting him. Distribution has never been his strong point but always seemed fully committed to the cause. I have not seen that this season so far!

Harding ~ I know he did not play against Orient but he is the best option at the club for left back. I think he is a good player, defends and attacks well. Would like him signed up asap!

Sankofa ~ a better game than against Fulham where he moaned throughout at other players for his own errors. A bit lighweight for central defensive role.

Overall I think the individual players are of good quality, certainly enough to see us out of this division but collectively they do not appear to be playing as a unit
with much confidence in their keeper.

The midfield will be strengthened by Maccas return, there is little hope in signing a player of the potential of Sawyer apart from perhaps extending his loan spell which I think we should try to do as soon as possible and hope Chelsea agree.

Betsy ~ makes you realise just how much we had with Gower. Betsy is not a Gower and seems for such an experienced player to drift out the game too easily.

Sawyer ~ looked good for 60 mins on Tuesday, not the finished article as needs to be more consistent with passing but if we signed him for the season long loan then I think we could get at least 10 goals out of him with Macca anchoring the midfield and Sawyer in an attacking midfield role.

Grant ~ simply not convinced as yet, don't rate him but I hope I am proved wrong.

Robson-Kanu ~ great potential and getting better each game in my opinion, still wanders out of the game but very skilful and takes on the fullback, would like him to link better with our fullback though.

The midfield still seems weak and so much will now fall on Macca to improve things as I know he is frustrated by what is going on at the moment. The only worry is the burden of expectation on him that will drive him to go OTT and end up with yellow or red cards.

The new French guy looked good initially although there seemed a reluctance to pass to him by our guys at times. Could be a good signing when he beds in a bit but by the time he does will he be on his way back to Portsmouth?

Still think Scannell will impress when fully fit and we also have the Mousse to come back.

Upfront I think this area is sorted as there should be plenty of goals in Barney and Freedman. Walker could still feature just behind those two as he can on his day pass very well but this will leave the midfield even weaker and we are more at home with a 4-4-2 formation than perhaps a 4-3-1-2.

My main concern as I put in a previous post is that Tilly gets to the stage where he says and feels that he has done as much as he can with this group of players.
Many of the players out there have done a good job for him in the past but are certainly letting him down at the moment, specifically the defence.
It will be interesting to see what happens when the first couple of managerial casualties come along in the Championship, Tilly will be linked undoubtably!

Moan 'off'......

Everyone has an opinion of the Orient game and in my view it was a poor performance having put out on paper (unfortunately we don't play on paper) a stronger team that the 'O's.

Mildenhall ~ clearly does not have the confidence of the back four and is struggling at the moment, the chants won't help and although I have not seen much apart from his distribution of the ball from hand which was impressive at times, to convince me as yet, we need to give him a fair chance ~ ten games in is a time for review....

Francis ~ is doing what he did last season with a dip in form, unfortunately we have nobody to replace him at the back, he must know that so is it complacency after signing a new contract? Has been poor defensively in my view.

Barratt ~ hate to say it but again has been poor. Has always played his heart out but as it seems that when collectively the defence is poor he has been exposed at the back as others are not up to helping him out! Blindly going on an attacking rampage is not the answer!

Clarke ~ not the player he was last season and I am convinced the contract saga is affecting him. Distribution has never been his strong point but always seemed fully committed to the cause. I have not seen that this season so far!

Harding ~ I know he did not play against Orient but he is the best option at the club for left back. I think he is a good player, defends and attacks well. Would like him signed up asap!

Sankofa ~ a better game than against Fulham where he moaned throughout at other players for his own errors. A bit lighweight for central defensive role.

Overall I think the individual players are of good quality, certainly enough to see us out of this division but collectively they do not appear to be playing as a unit
with much confidence in their keeper.

The midfield will be strengthened by Maccas return, there is little hope in signing a player of the potential of Sawyer apart from perhaps extending his loan spell which I think we should try to do as soon as possible and hope Chelsea agree.

Betsy ~ makes you realise just how much we had with Gower. Betsy is not a Gower and seems for such an experienced player to drift out the game too easily.

Sawyer ~ looked good for 60 mins on Tuesday, not the finished article as needs to be more consistent with passing but if we signed him for the season long loan then I think we could get at least 10 goals out of him with Macca anchoring the midfield and Sawyer in an attacking midfield role.

Grant ~ simply not convinced as yet, don't rate him but I hope I am proved wrong.

Robson-Kanu ~ great potential and getting better each game in my opinion, still wanders out of the game but very skilful and takes on the fullback, would like him to link better with our fullback though.

The midfield still seems weak and so much will now fall on Macca to improve things as I know he is frustrated by what is going on at the moment. The only worry is the burden of expectation on him that will drive him to go OTT and end up with yellow or red cards.

The new French guy looked good initially although there seemed a reluctance to pass to him by our guys at times. Could be a good signing when he beds in a bit but by the time he does will he be on his way back to Portsmouth?

Still think Scannell will impress when fully fit and we also have the Mousse to come back.

Upfront I think this area is sorted as there should be plenty of goals in Barney and Freedman. Walker could still feature just behind those two as he can on his day pass very well but this will leave the midfield even weaker and we are more at home with a 4-4-2 formation than perhaps a 4-3-1-2.

My main concern as I put in a previous post is that Tilly gets to the stage where he says and feels that he has done as much as he can with this group of players.
Many of the players out there have done a good job for him in the past but are certainly letting him down at the moment, specifically the defence.
It will be interesting to see what happens when the first couple of managerial casualties come along in the Championship, Tilly will be linked undoubtably!

Moan 'off'......

Decent assessment; a couple of observations: Worryingly our two best players were/are the two loanees we have absolutely no chance of signing permanently. Also Macca does not need the burden of expectation to collect cards.

Back