• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

''Don't worry be happy''

onceknownasrab

President
No significant moves in the transfer market. Again! Be happy.
The OS fails to keep the paying supporter updated with moves or lack of moves. Again! Be happy.
We are aspiring to consolidation and fearing relegation. Again! Be happy.
We await a string of excuses to be trotted out by the club as to players we tried to sign, too much wages, did not want to come, we will only sign improvements. Again! Be happy.
The future of the club and its location is in the lap of the gods and not for the knowledge of us mere mortals. Again! Be happy.
Don't worry. What on earth could the insignificant and unworthy Blues supporter have to worry about and why on earth do we think we should be told anything. Be happy.

No significant moves in the transfer market. Again! Be happy.
The OS fails to keep the paying supporter updated with moves or lack of moves. Again! Be happy.
We await a string of excuses to be trotted out by the club as to players we tried to sign, too much wages, did not want to come, we will only sign improvements. Again! Be happy.
The future of the club and its location is in the lap of the gods and not for the knowledge of us mere mortals. Again! Be happy.
Don't worry. What on earth could the insignificant and unworthy Blues supporter have to worry about and why on earth do we think we should be told anything. Be happy.

are you sure you are not 'onceknownasirateian'

Be happy, we're not Luton or Bournemouth! Why are there so many pessimists around?

Be happy, we're not Luton or Bournemouth! Why are there so many pessimists around?

Because some people have got to moan about something! Its an English disease - we moan its too hot in the summer and its too cold in the winter - we're just never happy!!!

Because we barely have a team of fit professionals?

Ah, but look what they're prepared to go through for the cause - there was Dougie with his thigh strapped, and now Macca with his broken nose, and further back, think of Matt Harrold with his nose! There's commitment for you.

We were never going to make permenent signings and, therefore, the closing of the transfer window doesnt really mean much to us

The OS fails to keep the paying supporter updated with moves or lack of moves. Again!

See, this is what I hate about modern media and our expectations of it. News channels and companies reporting constantly on ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. Why should the SUFC site have an update on it IF it didn't have any joy in the market? They wouldn't post articles on there normally saying "UPDATE: TILLY NOT SURE WHETHER OR NOT TO HAVE THAT SECOND HELPING OF TOAD IN THE HOLE" would they? Because it's pointless, and tells us nothing.

When people once said "No news is good news", I don't think they literally meant that not having any news at all is preferable to having 24 hours of the hyperbolic **** going round and round and round in circles in front of our very eyes...

We are in the third longest spell outside of the bottom teir in our History BOOOO

We have posted profits for 2 years running for the First time in god knows how long BOOOOO

Our Chairman Hasn't tried to relocate us to a town miles away BOOOOO

He also hasn't reminded us that there are 91 other teams we can support BOOOOO

Dick Bate/ Alvin Martin / Peter Morris / Steve Wignall / Bobby Moore are not running the team BOOOOOOO

We have a youth policy producing more First team debutants / regulars since the glory days of John Seadon and Micky Engwell BOOOOO

Some supporters have a memory which goes back further than their first dry night in 2004 BOOOOOOOOOO

Ah, but look what they're prepared to go through for the cause - there was Dougie with his thigh strapped, and now Macca with his broken nose, and further back, think of Matt Harrold with his nose! There's commitment for you.

Commitment + skill = success
Commitment + average abilty= mediocrity
No commitment + no ability= Southend under Alvin Martin

We're also obsessed with replays, analysis and pre-match interviews.

Why? What difference does it make? Yesterday, I could hear my neighbour listening to a Sky Sports programme going over Lampard's Red Card. For an hour. Again. After he'd watched the game on Sunday and stayed tuned in for an hour afterwards.

Pointless...

Unless he's dead and decaying mere feet away next door. Then I'll let him off...

See, this is what I hate about modern media and our expectations of it. News channels and companies reporting constantly on ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. Why should the SUFC site have an update on it IF it didn't have any joy in the market? They wouldn't post articles on there normally saying "UPDATE: TILLY NOT SURE WHETHER OR NOT TO HAVE THAT SECOND HELPING OF TOAD IN THE HOLE" would they? Because it's pointless, and tells us nothing.

When people once said "No news is good news", I don't think they literally meant that not having any news at all is preferable to having 24 hours of the hyperbolic **** going round and round and round in circles in front of our very eyes...

Don't forget the 5 or 6 different threads all breaking the same piece of news that's also indicative of modern media!

By Jesus, you're Correct!!

Somebody get me a phone! WE HAVE TO GET TESFAYE BACK!!

Only the Championship season in the last 5 season have we been fearing relegation, to be honest relegation is very unlikely this year too...

Also you say the OS fails to keep us in updated of transfers or lack of moves. There were no transfers to keep track of that they didn't were there?? What do you want, a daily bullitin saying No signings so far??

We await a string of excuses to be trotted out by the club as to players we tried to sign, too much wages, did not want to come, we will only sign improvements.

Please don't count me in that "we". I don't happen to think that the club has anything to answer for. Thanks.

Back