• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Dorking Wanderers 1-0 Southend United

Lose against yeovil on Saturday and we set a new club record for straight defeats.

Who would have thought we'd be facing that stat in the national league. Championship maybe, but come on, not in the national league.

As for the game. Nothing left to say.

It's a ramshackle team who aren't playing with any belief. Thankfully we had such a great first half of the season or we would be looking at relegation.

Another new low for this football club. This poor form is becoming a real concern now and questions have to start being asked about the coaching team and Kev who seem void of any ideas as to how to change our fortunes. Thoroughly ****ing depressing being a Southend fan at the moment.
OK, what would you do differently, and with who?
How do you tell Mooney, for example, that he needs to kick the ball at goal rather than sideways as per this game and Wrexham?
How do you get Taylor and Kensdale to suddenly become world beaters?
How do you get the two crocks we call forwards to play on every kind of surface?
Remember, we've signed no-one in a gruelling season since September.

OK, what would you do differently, and with who?
How do you tell Mooney, for example, that he needs to kick the ball at goal rather than sideways as per this game and Wrexham?
How do you get Taylor and Kensdale to suddenly become world beaters?
How do you get the two crocks we call forwards to play on every kind of surface?
Remember, we've signed no-one in a gruelling season since September.
Can you make this read a bit more depressing please.....

Lose against yeovil on Saturday and we set a new club record for straight defeats.

Who would have thought we'd be facing that stat in the national league. Championship maybe, but come on, not in the national league.

It's a ramshackle team who aren't playing with any belief. Thankfully we had such a great first half of the season or we would be looking at relegation.
I honestly can't see us winning that either, I really can't see now where the next win will come from, possibly Maidstone at home and that's not really anything to get excited about

I get where you're coming from.. but it's relative... if we had championship players right now and lost 7, but I still agree. We shouldn't be here in the first place

Can you make this read a bit more depressing please.....
Actually, I can.
Some Zoners want Maher out, but never say who they want in, and how the new man would do things differently with this team at his disposal.
Losing at Dorking on a Tuesday night? Wow! The ground looks like something out of the 5-a-side Power League.
We never looked like scoring.

We can all blame Ron, embargo etc but that is no excuse for the players not to at least put in some effort. There is no one to blame for tonight except the players. Absolutely ****ing abysmal.

Dreadful.

But I can't believe just how quickly the finger of blame has now turned squarely on the management team. you know, the people we were all applauding a month ago, the people we said we couldn't believe were still here... and now it's 100% their fault.

This is not a computer simulation, this is real life, can some people not see the effect that all the shenanigans has had on the players and the team?

We are where we are. In a season where, up until fairly recently the only glimmer of hope and joy we had was on the pitch, that has now evaporated and we are on the worst losing streak in the clubs history. Another new low.

If it was Ron's fault a month ago, three months ago, 6 months ago, a season ago, 2 seasons ago, 5 seasons ago, etc., it is still Ron's fault now.

Earlier this season we showed that we could easily live with the best in this league and were comfortably winning games. Now we look like we can't score in a brothel.

Good players don't become bad players overnight. Those who are saying "bin the squad" have obviously never played the game at any proper level. The lack of confidence is evident across the team.

We have a good enough nucleus. We need to ride this out and strengthen, not make wholesale changes to players and management. It's painful to watch and I can empathise with every single negative emotion spoken on here. It is dreadful, truly dreadful.

But I'm a supporter. I am not going to turn my back on the team. They are still my team.

We must stick with them and come back stronger next year.

I'm not great with who signed who. But how many of these players were identified, scouted and signed by the current management team (extended members included)

Back