• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Double Glazing

jstallan

Coach
Need to look at replacing the wooden windows in the house.

Any recommendations on companies to use or avoid ?

Leigh area.

We used Estuary glazing when we had the house done in October. good company as far as i am concerned. good price and fitter was quick and efficient, as an ex glazer myself im very critical too.

John. I have a good friend who is a season ticket holder in the West. Southend fan and a great lad. Runs his own business and I'm sure you would get a cracking deal. If you want his details let me know but highly recommended.

If you can wait a couple of months (I wouldn't change windows until the summer anyway) I would go to the Ideal Home Exhibition (which I believe is around April time) and sign up with a company there. Like most things at the Ideal Home Exhibition, if you sign up there and then you get a discount.

We did that, and arranged visits from both Everest and Anglia. We also played both companies off against eachother, and managed to get a reduction. The original quotes were (this was about 6 years ago) around £37,000. By the time we finished playing them off against eachother we agreed a deal with Anglia for £12,000. (That included all window, back door and patio doors.)

£37,000 !!! (falls off chair)

(gets back on chair) I'm now back to 2 companies as Dave's suggestion isn't local.

The Ideal Home Show is an option, but I'd prefer to use a local based company.

Last edited:

(gets back on chair) I'm now back to 2 companies as Dave's suggestion isn't local.

If you google search LondonBlue's house it comes up with....

brighton-pavillion.441x330.jpg

:stunned:

You'd be surprised who's at the Ideal Home Show. At the same show we bought a bed, bedside tables and a dining room table and chairs from these people:

http://www.nightsiniron.com/

Hardly a national company...(BTW: they were brilliant. The delivered on exactly on time, built the bed and table and cleared up all their mess.) All we had to do was chose, pay and let them in...

Well like i said we used estuary and paid just over 3.5k for 8 windows. like i said before i am an ex glazer and very fussy. all multi point locking and k glass. well worth a quote. . jeez i just read that back and like i say i sounded like Tilly :'(

My mate works for a good company, can get a discount also so if interested DM me mate

If you want to add a new window will the glazing firm cut the hole and add a lintel or do I have to get someone else to do that?

Do I need planning permission as well?

The reason I ask is that my house/command centre has a blind spot and if they come they are going to come from that direction.

Appears they've restarted as Fox and Sons according to the Echo.

http://www.echo-news.co.uk/news/loc..._owing_customers_thousands_open_new_business/

Yes, I was wondering if OBL's post was tongue in cheek. Tujon have been in the Echo last 2 weeks about all the people they ripped off for Thousands. Expect more people to come forward now as some may have paid up front or put deposits down for their new Fox and sons con, which also looks like shutting down.

not a great double glazing fan (we had some about 30 years ago and when getting quotes one of the salesman would not leave. We almost had to call the police to get rid of him). However after that bad experience we recently had a number of windows and doors done. They came, gave a quote. Did the job and we paid them simple. Great product, cheap for the quality and no hard sell. They did ask for a 10% deposit on one job (about £500) but not the amount Tujon were asking. The firm we used were in serious risk of giving the double glazing fraternity a good name.

Back