• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

downer in the echo ?

Were do you get your echo? Straight of the print LOL.

I cant see the plans being turned down to be honest

This point is covered in the FF Forum.

I wouldn't worry too much, it's only the training facilities RDC are not too keen on, and it's the only thing they have a say on... at worst they will ask for SUFC to submit more details regarding this..

Its the stadium and retail development we need to worry about, and RDC have no jurisdiction over that at all really, they can only submit their thought's to SBC.

Training Facilities Thread Here

Unfortunately councillors rarely vote against the recommendations of their officers and Ron says the training facilities and stadium are "inextricably linked".

I fear this stance could be more serious than it looks.

You really think if the Stadium got agreed and the training facilities werent the whole plan would be ditched ?

Somehow I dont think so. They would surely get the ground sorted and look at getting the training facilities agreed later, after all thats the easier of the two to sort out any issues on.

The training facilities are only part of the issue. There is the matter of matchday car parking regarding the stadium proposal and 454 less spaces may well have an impact on the traffic element of the stadium plans

Just had a quick flick through the Council papers for next Wednesday. They appear rather unhappy with the road traffic report and the retail units. Stadium, flats and hotel all ok though.

Suspect score draw next week with Blues having to draw up new plans to reduce the number of retail units/restrict their use. Also may have to pay for another road report !

Plus there is some risk that new training pitches will have to be laid before Boots n Laces demolished.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (OiRef @ Jan. 17 2007,11:35)]Just had a quick flick through the Council papers for next Wednesday. They appear rather unhappy with the road traffic report and the retail units. Stadium, flats and hotel all ok though.  

Suspect score draw next week with Blues having to draw up new plans to reduce the number of retail units/restrict their use. Also may have to pay for another road report !

Plus there is some risk that new training pitches will have to be laid before Boots n Laces demolished.
I suspect this was what Ron was expecting...

wink.gif

The increase in road traffic congestion was always going to be the sticking point and is by far and away the main concern of all those that have voiced their concerns and objections to this project.

I would be very surprised if Ron hadn't already realised this and put together some sort of contingency plan should the Council planning committee use this as a short term block to proceedings.

Preempting (spellcheck says that's a word) issues like this and having revised plans to hand would help keep the time scale of the project on track and I dare say it was something that Ron fully expected. After all, he has had meetings with those at the council in recent weeks and I'm sure is ready to deal with any decisions the council come up with.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Smiffy @ Jan. 17 2007,08:38)]I wouldn't worry too much, it's only the training facilities RDC are not too keen on, and it's the only thing they have a say on
In theory yes, in practice no. If you have a look at the plans for FF you'll see that not only are there training facilities within Rochford's boundaries but also a pond/small resevoir which will be integral to the water and sewerage systems at the stadium.

Without this facility being built in Rochford, I'm reliably told that getting adequate drainage and sewerage on site will cost millions more, and will possibly jeopodise the whole development.

Back