• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Drewe Broughton

Technician

Drewe on the Official Site...

Here

... has been working hard in training and wants to face his old employers on Saturday. Personally, I suspect he will start...

... from the bench!
wow.gif

Drew should get to start. They should let him kick the game off when he ithe only player on the pitch and after about half hour the players for both sides should come out and we could start a goal up . We love you really big man!!

Well players do have a tendency to score against their previous employers so it'd be no surprise to see Drewenaldo tuck one away in a 2 nil win on saturday.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BoyWonder2 @ Sep. 23 2004,20:09)]Well players do have a tendency to score against their previous employers
Yeah but only if they can actually score in the league once in a while too. Drewe shouldn't start, Dudfield and Tes are much better.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (canada shrimper @ Sep. 23 2004,18:07)]Everyone knows he is the modern day Roy mcdonut
No he's not. Roy scored goals every once in a while.

on more than a few occasions Roy was described as not being able to hit a cows ar*e with a banjo.
Donut was a target man, he was pasionate and a crowds favourite. (He was also bloody hard) but he wasnt a goal scorer. Sure he scored some goals including his overhead kick but he wasnt in the side as a goal scorer.

The only difference I can see between the two is Drewe isnt a crowd favourite. Insted of Roy's overhead kick we have Drewes exploits against Col Ewe. Drewe wasnt brought into the side to bag a load of goals his role is one of a target man. It doesnt matter if you agree or not with the descision to play a target man. Perhaps it does mean we hoof the ball up field all the time rather than keeping it on the ground. That aint Drewes fault. Its so easy to blame Drewe for not laying the ball off. Has anyone thought that it might actually be his striking partners that are not finding the space and looking for the ball?

Drewe is not the most talented player to wear the beloved shirt of Southend Utd but he is a million miles from being the worst. I have been watching Southend for 21 years now and IMHO Drewe is in my top five for pasionate players.
I would much rather have a less skilled pasionate player than a highly skilled player who couldnt give a toss such as Michael Black, Boere etc.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Benfleetshrimp @ Sep. 24 2004,12:58)]... I have been watching Southend for 21 years now and IMHO Drewe is in my top five for pasionate players.
Who are the other 4?

Arrggghhhh

What have I done? Top 5 most pasionate players what was I thinking?

Buzz as well is well up there, undecided on Leo at the moment. I think a special mention to Leo

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Benfleetshrimp @ Sep. 24 2004,13:28)]Arrggghhhh

What have I done? Top 5 most pasionate players what was I thinking?

Buzz as well is well up there, undecided on Leo at the moment. I think a special mention to Leo
laugh.gif

That's why I asked you. To make a comment like that is very brave (or mad... you pick).

I don't think I could list a top 5 because it would mean leaving out some fantastic players who had real passion. It's easy to forget that we've been very lucky over the years to have players who really cared for our club.

Barrett is probably one of the latest.

rock.gif

Naps do me a favour and lock this topic.

OS you are dead right Barrett is looking very special at the moment.

I am still shocked with myself that I missed out former midfield terrior Peter Butler.

My original point still stands though I would put Broughton in amongst the most passionate players to play for us.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Benfleetshrimp @ Sep. 24 2004,13:36)]My original point still stands though I would put Broughton in amongst the most passionate players to play for us.
Ah, but at which number? Before and after who?

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Don't miss anybody now!

tounge.gif

There was a player that scored against bury once. I think his passion helped us to promotion?

Now who was he?

wink.gif

Back