• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Drewe

Bluerightthrough

Bearing in mind we have 4 very capable strikers in Freddy, Wayne, Tes and Dudders, would you be sad if Drewe did decide to leave us on a permanant basis in order to get some first team football?

I personally wouldn't be to sad to see him go, although if I had to make a decision, I would say keep him in a blue shirt as he can be damm useful at times!

Why? So he could score the winner against us?
rock.gif

I've heard a rumour that Drewe is the highest paid member of the squad, so with that in mind it wouldn't be a bad thing if he left

I think Drewe could be a very influential coach, maybe of the youngsters. Would love it if they could find a way to keep him and start him on the road to his coaching badge, but I suspect he wants to keep playing.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (east stand drummer boy @ Dec. 25 2004,23:08)]Coaching at 25 laughing out loud!

But on thing, where heaver he goes you can never forget him for putting the ball in the col ewe net!
I did say starting on the road, not switching to full time coaching yet. My comment on keeping on playing was meant to refer to first team regular, which he ain't gonna get here it would seem.

Please stop insulting my intelligence. Why do we even need to have this discussion? Its obvious that he has no role at the club and should be off-loaded from the wage bill at the first possible opportunity.

Whenever he plays we do not look like scoring, whenever he's not playing we look like scoring. It is that simple. If your eyes can't see that, look at the stats. This season with Drewe on the pitch we score a goal every 166 minutes, without Drewe we score a goal every 53 minutes. Last season told a similar tale of struggling to score whilst carrying Broughton, but free-flowing without him.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hong Kong Blue @ Dec. 27 2004,14:38)]Please stop insulting my intelligence. Why do we even need to have this discussion? Its obvious that he has no role at the club and should be off-loaded from the wage bill at the first possible opportunity.

Whenever he plays we do not look like scoring, whenever he's not playing we look like scoring. It is that simple. If your eyes can't see that, look at the stats. This season with Drewe on the pitch we score a goal every 166 minutes, without Drewe we score a goal every 53 minutes. Last season told a similar tale of struggling to score whilst carrying Broughton, but free-flowing without him.
Couldn't agree more. Top bloke and I will never forget his goal against Col Ewe, but I'd rather see him leave the club.

Thinm my views are quite clear on this one. Totally agree with Hong Kong Blue - Thanks for your goals in LDV but please find another club asap. Your wages are a waste and could be used to strengthen the team in other areas. Eg Full backs and a right Winger...

Stats can be funny things. Strange though it may seem Drewe has a better league goals per game ratio than Wayne Gray and is only marginally behind Tes and Dudders.

Not meaning to question you Basildon Shrimp but surely that cant be correct. Drewe must have played 30+ league games for blues and I can only recall him socring against Scunny and maybe one other.

Dudders cant have more than 30 yet can recall 7 or 8 goals off top of my head and same for sunshine on a waynie gray...?

DtS

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Proud Shrimper @ Dec. 25 2004,23:05)]Coaching? He's only 25!
Would seem a little bit damning of his playing, suggesting he would be a coach!

I think I get your point though. Most teams have said he is the kind of player who has a massive impact in the dressing room and you can see that from his play for us. Even when he couldn't hit a barn door, was getting very little service anyway and was being berated by the fans, he still had a really positive approach and tried 100% for every ball.

Back