• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Drive - rescored

I've never known my wife to be so annoyed about something. She loves Drive, and like others, are completely baffled at why Zane ****ing Lowe thought this was a good idea. Take a good film with an iconic soundtrack and turn it into a Radio 1 vanity project with a load of ****** artists diarrheaing all over it.

Will watch it though.

Love the film, love the original soundtrack more and yes its a vanity project. But one to watch anyway.

Yep that's how I feel, but not a fan of the artists involved (CHVRCHES are tolerable) and the clips I've heard are ****.

CHVRCHES are decent, but Bastille? If only the rescore extended to having them getting a shoeing in the lift.

Wasn't quite as bad as I thought it might be, but it really was erratic. At times the tone was adhered to brilliantly, whereas other times they completely missed the point and it made for a complete mismatch.

I switched over to the original score half way through and glad I did, as I dread to think what they'd have done to the elevator scene.

Wasn't quite as bad as I thought it might be, but it really was erratic. At times the tone was adhered to brilliantly, whereas other times they completely missed the point and it made for a complete mismatch.

I switched over to the original score half way through and glad I did, as I dread to think what they'd have done to the elevator scene.

You never know, they might have taken it up a level. :blush:

Yeah. It was too erratic and the vocal bits were intrusive and then cut short. Some bits were really bad (lift scene, car-chase scene), but some bits were ok (the start wasn't bad, hammer time and the carpark was good). The incidental music throughout was ok but it didn't really deviate too much from the original.

It seemed pointless because the whole thing wasn't markedly different, but clearly used the original soundtrack as inspiration.

Can't slate it because if you'd never watched it before and didn't realise it was a rescoring, then you'd probably think it was good and enjoy it - it just wasn't anywhere near as good as the original and wasn't experimental enough to really justify it.

I watched Drive for the first time, the rescored version. Thought the music was O.K. but that's all. I really enjoyed the film tho, I thought it was great. The car chase scenes were superbly shot, and the bad guys were believable bad guys. Always important to me. Won't say anymore for those that haven't watched it.

I watched Drive for the first time, the rescored version. Thought the music was O.K. but that's all. I really enjoyed the film tho, I thought it was great. The car chase scenes were superbly shot, and the bad guys were believable bad guys. Always important to me. Won't say anymore for those that haven't watched it.

The car chases are so much better in the original form (the second one doesn't have any music IIRC and it works so much better). Definitely definitely re-watch the original.

Back