• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Drogba dropped for tonight's game

Aberdeen Shrimper

The Man who sold the world
By all accounts Luiz Felipe Scolari has dropped Drogba for tonight’s game against Southend due to a bust up.

Apparently Drogba has demanded a loan deal to Marseille, who out of interest said that he was "inaccessible" regards to his price tag.

Last edited:
By all accounts Luiz Felipe Scolari has dropped Drogba for tonight’s game against Southend due to a bust up.

Not sure its a bust up, maybe he thinks they can win without him, and after seeing their game on Sunday I would have to agree. I would rather we were facing him than the pace of Anelka, who for me will be the danger man tonight.

Agree with Stevo. Gutted Drog is dropped, Anelka is much more of a threat to us in this game, he really could rip us apart. Then again, Clarke could knock him into the stands.

Agree with Stevo. Gutted Drog is dropped, Anelka is much more of a threat to us in this game, he really could rip us apart. Then again, Clarke could knock him into the stands.

I think that will be another worry Fred. Clarke will struggle to stay with him and Clarkes natural plan for anyone who beats him is to bring him down. If Anelka get san early run on him and Clarke gets an early yellow then we will be in trouble.

I think we should sit fairly deep for this game but that will allow Lampard and Ballack a bit more space in the midfield. Whatever happens its going to be bloody difficult.

There were stories of a big bust up between Scolari and Anelka Sunday too, so I dont think it matters who plays - they all hate Scolari :D

I think that will be another worry Fred. Clarke will struggle to stay with him and Clarkes natural plan for anyone who beats him is to bring him down. If Anelka get san early run on him and Clarke gets an early yellow then we will be in trouble.

I think we should sit fairly deep for this game but that will allow Lampard and Ballack a bit more space in the midfield. Whatever happens its going to be bloody difficult.

The only thing Clarke and Barrett can do is get stuck in from the first minute to unsettle him. As I said on another thread, I get the impression that Anelka is very hot and cold. If he doesn't fancy it he'll be no threat. Clarke and Barrett have to ensure he doesn't fancy it...

As you say, whatever happens its going to be difficult.

As I said on another thread, I get the impression that Anelka is very hot and cold. If he doesn't fancy it he'll be no threat.
I reckon 10 minutes in the Changing Room from Hell will put him off enough. He won't get warm in there as there's probably no hot water.

I can see Chelsea getting changed on the bus! :clap:

Drogba hasn't travelled, according to Radio 1.

Anelka is a class act, he put in one of the best single performances i've ever seen live when playing for City, however as Londonblue says, Barrett and Clarke need to get in his face and make him not want it (however I reckon he'll be out to prove a point).

Bit torn on this one. I think Drogba is the better player on his day, but Anelka has waves of doing nothing (like recently) and then hitting a few against lower class opposition (like us).

If we can alienate him for the first 20 minutes or so, then his threat may well be limited.

So much of this game hinges on that first 20-30 doesn't it?

Nicolas Anelka is not the Premierships top goal scorer for nothing......I would much rather we faced Drogba than Anelka.

The only slight advantage that Drogba has is that he is 2 inches taller than Anelka at 6'2"

Still.....none of that matters becasue our strike force will take apart the defence that boasts the most amount of clean sheets in the Prem and most amount of away wins in the Prem.

:'(

Last edited:
Drogba/Anelka... what's the difference? On their day, either one of them could rip us apart. Let's face it, they've proved they can do it to far better teams than us.

The best thing in all of this is the disharmony and disunity currently eating away at Chelsea. Today it's Drogba out in the cold, yesterday it was Anelka. Whichever it is, they're likely to have at least some support from their fellow players.

As someone posted in that wonderful photograph last week, you simply couldn't compare the body language of our players with theirs when they went on the pitch at Stamford Bridge. They'd have better players than us in every position even if they played their reserve side but If Chelsea aren't 100% up for this then we've got a fighting chance. Chelsea will be playing under a cloud tonight and the longer the game goes on without a goal, the bigger that cloud becomes.

Bring it on!!

(Apologies to all by the way. Having missed the Man U game for a stupid business trip, I'm getting more than just a little excited about tonight!!)

Drogba hasn't travelled, according to Radio 1.

Anelka is a class act, he put in one of the best single performances i've ever seen live when playing for City, however as Londonblue says, Barrett and Clarke need to get in his face and make him not want it (however I reckon he'll be out to prove a point).

This is Anelka, who doesn't think, act or behave like a regular human being.

Crunch him early and make him know that he'll get that for 90 minutes and he'll sulk.

Nicolas Anelka is not the Premierships top goal scorer for nothing......I would much rather we faced Drogba than Anelka.

To be fair to previous Premiership top scorers, the Anelka collection would be the poorest highlights package of any top scorer since maybe Micky Owen was banging them in for Liverpool (and I'm not even 100% he got top scorer due to injuries).

I would suggest Salomon Kalou and Joe Cole will be the biggest threats. Anelka might score a couple of tap ins but I sincerely doubt he will be the star of the show for Chelsea.

The more I think about it, the more I think that Chelsea look a bit short on price.

To be fair to previous Premiership top scorers, the Anelka collection would be the poorest highlights package of any top scorer since maybe Micky Owen was banging them in for Liverpool (and I'm not even 100% he got top scorer due to injuries).

I would suggest Salomon Kalou and Joe Cole will be the biggest threats. Anelka might score a couple of tap ins but I sincerely doubt he will be the star of the show for Chelsea.

The more I think about it, the more I think that Chelsea look a bit short on price.

That's what my head tells me too.

Its going to go one of two ways. The old "season back on track" match that gets them firing on all cylinders again or the "SHOCK!" result that ends yet another managers reign and gives the tabloids some more pier puns to wheel out.

And either are just as feasible right now.

This is what its all about. I haven't even looked at my Fantasy football team for a fortnight now...

SSN said that Scolari had a bust up with anelka too! Looks like easy game for our defence tonight :)

Back