• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Drunk Referee

Last edited:
:D ..Good find....Is he a member of the Ministry of Silly Walks?

Loved the little cameo wave at the end ......brilliant.

Reminds me of a well known local referee ( who i won't name) that used to always be drunk whenever i'd see him officiating most sat/sun's .

He is and was a right character and most of the time he would be in such high spirits ( no pun intended) that it seemed to rub of on the players and the games used to be played in a good nature .

Anyway being football there would be the odd exeption and he'd be involved in some amazing seens on the pitch with his blazee' attitude ,

One that will always stick in the mind is when he awarded a penalty and was surrounded by the opposing team who weren't happy , after it all calmed down , the player placed the ball on the spot , took a deep breath and proceeded to turn around to start his run up to take the pen,
Anyway the ref had other idea's and nipped in front of him and slotted the ball home beautifully , turned his back and ran to the centre circle to restart play.

As you can imagine it Fcuuking went off between the 2 teams , but he was adement that the goal stood , so what can you do . I've never seen anything like it .

I always bump into him around the football circuit and we always have a chuckle about that day , he thinks he's a legend for doing that and i tend to agree:stunned:

Loved the little cameo wave at the end ......brilliant.

Reminds me of a well known local referee ( who i won't name) that used to always be drunk whenever i'd see him officiating most sat/sun's .

He is and was a right character and most of the time he would be in such high spirits ( no pun intended) that it seemed to rub of on the players and the games used to be played in a good nature .

Anyway being football there would be the odd exeption and he'd be involved in some amazing seens on the pitch with his blazee' attitude ,

One that will always stick in the mind is when he awarded a penalty and was surrounded by the opposing team who weren't happy , after it all calmed down , the player placed the ball on the spot , took a deep breath and proceeded to turn around to start his run up to take the pen,
Anyway the ref had other idea's and nipped in front of him and slotted the ball home beautifully , turned his back and ran to the centre circle to restart play.

As you can imagine it Fcuuking went off between the 2 teams , but he was adement that the goal stood , so what can you do . I've never seen anything like it .

I always bump into him around the football circuit and we always have a chuckle about that day , he thinks he's a legend for doing that and i tend to agree:stunned:

aaah, good old "Lol" - I knew a thread about a drunken ref wouldn't be complete without him getting a mention. I recall a story of how a goalie took a goal kick and Lol then trapped the ball, did a couple of flick ups and passed it to the opposing striker! There was also a game where he was so inebriated he went behind the goal at halftime and fell asleep on the back of the net.

Back