• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question DVD box sets of distinction?

Good call.

Another vote for Band of Brothers. Also Back to the Future and an old favourite of mine I, Claudius.

Great shout there H. I've read the book twice (probably in my top five of all time) and watched the DVD box set a year or so ago; top cl-cl-cl-class tv.

Any recommendations?

I have just purchased the Mysterious Cities of Gold box set (all 39 episodes) for just under £18 quid on Amazon for the kids.

Fantastic stuff and each episode is followed by a mini documentary so it's educational too!

dododododod ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cities offff golddddd

Done The Wire and The Sopranos (halfway through watching all six series again).

Anyone remember the scene where Tony warns the (barely) black kid off of dating Meadow and the has a panic attack when he opens the kitchen cupboard and sees the face from a box of Uncle bens rice staring back at him?

the Moolan yarn!!!!!

I was recently discussing Band of Brothers - I do not personally own but a number of friends do and recommend.

The best Box Sets I own are:

Fawlty Towers
Only Fools and Horses
Lee Evans XL

I have a collection of Studio Ghibli Hayao Miyazake animations, the complete series of the Water Margin, a couple of Curb Your Enthusiasms, Star Wars 4,5,6 and a Band of Brothers I "inherited" from my wife's ex-boyfriend.

And Blackadder complete...

Last edited:
I was recently discussing Band of Brothers - I do not personally own but a number of friends do and recommend.

The best Box Sets I own are:

Fawlty Towers
Only Fools and Horses
Lee Evans XL

Agree with first two, and would add Bottom - Complete series 1 - 3

Arrested Development.
The World at War.
Band of Brothers.
The Wire.
Underbelly.
Moomins (The fuzzyfelt looking series and not the cartoon).
When the boat comes in.
Grange Hill Series 1-9

These have kept me going this year, although some are quite old.

Gonna revisit the Sopranos from the beginning this Autumn as well.

Oh have just bought 30 Rock as well after all the hype.

So much to watch............

Oh have just bought 30 Rock as well after all the hype.

So much to watch............

Excellent choice.

I just forgot the most recent one I watched, although three DVDs barely constitutes a box set - the complete Alan Partridge.

STOP GETTING BOND WRONG!

Having never seen a single episode of The Sopranos I guess I really should get cracking with it. Though having already been told what happens at the end it kind of makes it feel like a lot of effort!!

Having never seen a single episode of The Sopranos I guess I really should get cracking with it. Though having already been told what happens at the end it kind of makes it feel like a lot of effort!!

In that case watch in reverse order and you'll see how it started. :dim:

Back