• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

GregStarz

Manager
Slightly off topic I know but I just wondered what everyone's view is regarding the East/North Bank gate being open after each game?

Those in the West probably aren't aware but after pretty much every game it's open and by the time you leave the East stand you have no option but to join and walk out with the away fans, it's pretty much instant as well (when emotions and anger can still be high) and last season there was plenty of trouble and abuse outside, I just think it's plain wrong and unsafe when exiting, especially with children.

Also the away fans now sit nearer to the East Stand so it's not hard for them to pick someone out and approach them after the game in the car park.

Millwall had the gates off once and ran through, Port Vale came flying through punching anyone and everyone and I just don't get why they can't leave it locked and let them walk round the stadium like we have to do, if we park anywhere near the hospital etc.

Surely safety has to come first?

The bigger question should be why is it not policed.

Or how **** must it be that about 10 millwall pushed it through like it was nothing.

I normally walk out that way, never had any trouble, quite often have a chat with opposition fans, always good to get their opinion of the game and of us.

To be fair, when Port Vale broke through the gate they weren't punching 'anyone and everyone'. I was there when they broke through and it was because one of our fans was goading them, and he was the only one punches were thrown at. Not that it makes them 'right' to do that of course..

The gate clearly doesn't hold up to much force though so definitely could use extra policing there for certain fixtures...

I think it's OK with supporters of certain clubs, but in some matches it would make sense to keep away supporters in the ground for 10-15 minutes after the match. That way the gates issue becomes irrelevant.

Last edited:
I think its fine.

When it's closed I have a five minute longer walk back to my car and that means I miss the BBC Sport Report theme tune which is maddening.

If I need to send SS Junior ahead of me to act as bait for a few Port Vale fans whilst I sneak through then so be it.:smile:

Back