• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Eastwood goal

rabbloke

Coach
I know that was a quick goal, 9 secs, but does anyone know whether or not that it is the fastest league debut goal?

Found this

Dannie Bulman
Still the player with the fastest ever debut goal in Football League history, Dannie Bulman went through a bad patch after he achieved this feat in 1998. For a couple of months the midfielder could be found outside the house of Guinness Book of Records chief and mad right-wing despot Norris McWhirter. Bulman - in obvious high spirits- shouted phrases such as "Look at my face McWhirter, I am in your book and there is nothing you can do" through the iron fence that protected his house. The police made several attempts to move Bulman but he kept returning and even followed McWhirter when the latter made a fact-finding trip to Afghanistan, leading to some hilarious tit-for-tat confrontations between Dannie boy and senior members of the Taliban regime.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Kent Shrimper @ Oct. 16 2004,17:07)]Dannie Bulman went through a bad patch after he achieved this feat in 1998. For a couple of months the midfielder could be found outside the house of Guinness Book of Records chief and mad right-wing despot Norris McWhirter. Bulman - in obvious high spirits- shouted phrases such as "Look at my face McWhirter, I am in your book and there is nothing you can do" through the iron fence that protected his house. The police made several attempts to move Bulman but he kept returning and even followed McWhirter when the latter made a fact-finding trip to Afghanistan, leading to some hilarious tit-for-tat confrontations between Dannie boy and senior members of the Taliban regime.
Lets hope Fredy doesnt lose the plot like Dannie did
biggrin.gif

Looks like he's broken the club record! What a debut!
biggrin.gif

Hasn't he broken the football league record? Ledley King previous held it with his goal last season, which if I remember was 12 seconds? Maybe I'm mistaken, nevertheless it was a great move straight from the kick off.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimpboy @ Oct. 16 2004,18:58)]Hasn't he broken the football league record? Ledley King previous held it with his goal last season, which if I remember was 12 seconds? Maybe I'm mistaken, nevertheless it was a great move straight from the kick off.
wasnt Ledleys the prem record?

If i remember rightly, the goal we conceded at tranmere was indeed after 10 seconds.

Saw this on the Swansea Rivals site

Fastest Ever International Goal - San Marino 8.3 seconds v England 1993

Fastest league goal - Jim Fryatt (4 seconds) for Port Vale against Bradford

Fastest Champions league goal - 21 seconds Gilberto Silva
Fastest FA Cup Final Goal - 49 seconds Roberto Di Matteo

Fastest Ever England Debut Goal - Bill Nicholson 19 seconds

Marc Burrows scored a goal for Cowest Sports REserves last season timed by the referee at 2 seconds

Fastest Hat trick - James Hayter 2 minutes 20 seconds

I would guess for a debut goal then you are not far off the mark with a record

PS I was at that tranmere game. I hadn't even sat down in my seat and we were 1-0 down.
sad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (C'mon you Blues @ Oct. 17 2004,14:02)]Fastest league goal - Jim Fryatt (4 seconds) for Port Vale against Bradford
Just FYI, another Southend connection as Fryatt played for us in the early 60's.

Back