• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Eastwood to Wolves in the Sun...

palexander

Life President
"...Wolves are set to sign Scunthorpe striker Billy Sharp and Southend’s Freddy Eastwood..."

'Set to sign' sounds pretty ominous!

Yes i saw that in the current today , these rumours of freddy going are not going away so if wolves bid the right price then it could be a done deal , as for sharp , i can't see Scunny letting him go as without him they are dead and buried in the CCC.

If this is true it would be interesting as to who will get the most money for ther prize asset, probably gonna get slated for this but i could see it being Billy Sharp

"...Wolves are set to sign Scunthorpe striker Billy Sharp and Southend’s Freddy Eastwood..."

'Set to sign' sounds pretty ominous!

Set to sign is by half of the reports in most papers, and quite often means nothing of the sort.

Although Andy Keogh is at Wolves, I think if Sharp goes anywhere it will be to Sheffield Wednesday to play under Brian Laws again.

Freddy?? Who knows, another day another rumour.

No wide right with McIndoe on the left.

Anyway no way can Wolves afford both of them, at least £3m each.

Can someone please explain why any other club would engage with extended contract talks with their only star player and offer him a contract he deserves where we only exercise the option of an extra year presumably retaining him on realtive peanuts? Not exactly motivational on the back of a season playing alongside a bunch of donkeys.

Reported this couple days back does seem like a likely destination if Freddy does leave...

Problem is he is a romany gypsy and they all stick together their family etc. I can't see him moving to a club unless they are in London or maybe Ipswich.

Oh joy, another summer of unsubstantiated Freddy speculation continues.... :p
I don't believe this one for a second, the Eastwood to Charlton story was much more believable.

Can someone please explain why any other club would engage with extended contract talks with their only star player and offer him a contract he deserves where we only exercise the option of an extra year presumably retaining him on realtive peanuts? Not exactly motivational on the back of a season playing alongside a bunch of donkeys.

To ask "Have we tried offering Freddy a big fat contract?" is a legitimate question.

To assume that we haven't and then criticise the club on that basis is ludicrous. What evidence do you have that the club hasn't tried very hard indeed to persuade Freddy to sign another contract? Everything I have read, which isn't much I agree, points to Freddy not wanting to sign because he would like very much to play at a higher level than League One. Did Tilson or Brush run over your cat, Prodigal? Because you have become very negative in the past few weeks.

:flamer: :thump:

Clause has been activated in contract, which means either 1) Freddy is still an offical Southend player and stays, or 2) if a top championship club or higher come in for him then he will be off, its about as simple as that. Until the first day of the season starts, either of those two options are possible. Dont think there is any secret agendas etc etc, and I dont think even Tilly, Brush or Ron knows what is happening yet. Ron can spout about how Freddy is staying until he is blue in the face, but if someone comes in with a big wedge I doubt he will turn it down.

this might sound stupid but what is the point of such a clause?... where is it in freddys interest?

Back