• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Eastwood

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Oh for another Ron Pountney! @ Nov. 20 2005,14:29)]Can't we all get this into perspective.Forest have conceded only 6 goals in 10 games and have played us Huddersfield Brentford Scunthorpe and Bradford inthose 10 games.Their back 5 are probably far and away the best inthe Division.
Agreed.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Angell Delight @ Nov. 20 2005,15:00)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Oh for another Ron Pountney! @ Nov. 20 2005,14:29)]Can't we all get this into perspective.Forest have conceded only 6 goals in 10 games and have played us Huddersfield Brentford Scunthorpe and Bradford inthose 10 games.Their back 5 are probably far and away the best inthe Division.
Agreed.
And it shouldnt really be a suprise. Who else in this division can afford 650,000 on a player just like that?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimp_on_the_wing2003 @ Nov. 20 2005,15:15)]
[b said:
[b said:
Agreed.
And it shouldnt really be a suprise. Who else in this division can afford 650,000 on a player just like that?
suspect.gif

And have to remember this is Nottingham Forest - the team expected to walk the league - an it hit them hard at the start but now they are getting their act together andwhen you have player like Nicky Southall, John Curtis and Nathan Tyson of course you ar goin to gel eventually and start getting results. But thats Forest finished with now and now its time to concetrate on Port Vale and gettin three points there.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimp_on_the_wing2003 @ Nov. 20 2005,15:34)]
[b said:
[b said:
Agreed.
Any reason you posted the same thing 20 minutes apart?

rock.gif
tounge.gif
wink.gif

one thing there is no doubt about, freddy is a goal scorer no if or buts. how many others would have called for owen to be substituted during the recent game with the argies ? didnt have kick and then gets two chances and sticks them away. give fred a couple of chances and i bet he will take at least one

[b said:
Quote[/b] (SUFCFARAWAY @ Nov. 20 2005,15:35)]
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:
Agreed.

rock.gif

tounge.gif

wink.gif
Sorry, was distracted and didnt realised had posted it. One more!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimp_on_the_wing2003 @ Nov. 20 2005,16:00)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (SUFCFARAWAY @ Nov. 20 2005,15:35)]
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:
Agreed.

rock.gif

tounge.gif

wink.gif
Sorry, was distracted and didnt realised had posted it. One more!
biggrin.gif

Cheeky git!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TrueBlue @ Nov. 20 2005,16:43)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ Nov. 20 2005,09:39)]Come on then.

Defend him.

I'm waiting.
MAHER GO ON ORM DEFEND HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!  
mad.gif
I'll do it for him if you like
biggrin.gif

Maher had his worst game of the season yesterday but there is still no doubt about it for me, he is one of the 3 most important players to Southend United (and probably THE most important). Me thinks it would take a long run of games without him for certain people to realise and acknowledge this, fortunately for us barring injury/suspension this won't happen.

You can scrub that last bit, suspension for Maher is a "shoe-in" at some point this season isn't it.....
biggrin.gif
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Angell Delight @ Nov. 20 2005,19:07)]Me thinks it would take a long run of games without him for certain people to realise and acknowledge this, fortunately for us barring injury/suspension this won't happen.
didnt he miss a few games through suspension last year and McCormack came in and we won about 3 games by about 3 goals each?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (wiggy @ Nov. 20 2005,09:48)]Over hyped and would take the money now! Trundle and Tyson are both better and yesterday looked like a slow ballerina. Offers exepted over 200 grand!
Get Eastwood playing for Forest with Taylor winning every flick on and he would have had a hat trick.

All Tyson got was a deflected own goal.

Eastwood is NOT a big match player and that is NOT a knee-jerk accusation. So, opposition defenders have been marking him out of the game have they ? Just like they have with Henry, Van Nistleroy, Shearer and much closer to home Trundle. b******s.

If you are good enough you will be able to perform at any level. Any decent striker can score goals against Mickey Mouse opposition. The mark of a decent striker worth money is to be able to do it at all levels. That does not mean scoring in every game. In the last two games Eastwood has hidden and in any big game with the exception of the play off final he has done the same. Token jumps at balls aimed in his direction aren't good enough. As to comments about him not being a goal-poacher, that's fair enough, but it doesn't help JCR every time he gets wide and wants to play the ball into a danger zone devoid of SUFC forwards. People have said to me that he wants to pick up the ball 30 yards out and do something special. Well in the last two games Trundle and Tyson have put themselves about and done EXACTLY that. What did Eastwood do? He hid, plain and simple.

Defend Maher ? I gave up months ago. Too many others on here have seen the light. Case in point, the defence splitting pass to an asleep Lawson. I'll willingly accept that Maher was below his usual standard yesterday but without him on the teamsheet (not for the odd 1 off game) we are back in the basement division, pure and simple.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Angell Delight @ Nov. 20 2005,19:07)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (TrueBlue @ Nov. 20 2005,16:43)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ Nov. 20 2005,09:39)]Come on then.

Defend him.

I'm waiting.
MAHER GO ON ORM DEFEND HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!  
mad.gif
I'll do it for him if you like  
biggrin.gif

Maher had his worst game of the season yesterday but there is still no doubt about it for me, he is one of the 3 most important players to Southend United (and probably THE most important). Me thinks it would take a long run of games without him for certain people to realise and acknowledge this, fortunately for us barring injury/suspension this won't happen.

You can scrub that last bit, suspension for Maher is a "shoe-in" at some point this season isn't it.....  
biggrin.gif

tounge.gif
Fancy backing me up when I was the courier of bad tidings for you yesterday.
laugh.gif

Ho, ho, ho.
cool.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (stickyboy @ Nov. 20 2005,19:26)]didnt he (Maher) miss a few games through suspension last year and McCormack came in and we won about 3 games by about 3 goals each?
Two 3-0 wins - Cheltenham away and Rochdale at home. But that in itself is actually a compliment to Maher. The fact that Tilly had to resort to the loan market to bring in a Championship player to cover his captain's suspension, which was only two games after all, just shows how important Maher is to the team and our pattern of play. Now you compare that to the two other games Maher missed last season - Wycombe and Grimsby at home - in which one of our own squad deputised for Maher. Two mediocre (at best) performances and it would have been two defeats had Bart not made three top-class saves against Grimsby.

Also, note how our game fell apart last week when Maher went off for stitches. I know we were a man down but we completely lost our shape in midfield during that period and allowed Swansea to take control.

Now, I'll admit Maher has been below-par in recent weeks but dropping him is simply not an option - no-one in our current squad can adequately match his intelligent positional play, or his ability to switch the point of attack, which are vital attributes when you anchor the midfield.

Back