• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Eastwood

EastStandBlue

Life President
Doesn't he come up with the Goals when we need them?
Everytime he's scored a Hattrick we've won, all of which crucial games in the season. His Freekick sounded sublime, last time i saw him do that was Away Vs Kiddersminster... which again was a vital goal.

We'll miss him against Walsall, although i think Bradbury and Goater could perform well together if Wayne isn't fit in time.

I would be worried if we lost when someone scores a hatrick!
tounge.gif

Wow go eastwood, we will miss him but bradbury will come inad do the job I think, he looked sharp with a good touch and pass when he came on v rotherham.

Goater and Bradbury similar players but they will scare the sh*t out of the Walsall defense, seen Bradbury a couple of times and although he is not as skillful as Freddy he is direct and I think it will work okay!

Come on you Blues what a result

WAHOO!! just a shame he has got his fifth yellow as he was turning in some impressive performances

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Southendsleeper @ Feb. 18 2006,17:14)]4 goals in 3 games...

Bradbury and The Goat for Saturday? Arent they similar style of players?
I agree with you there - maybe the best bet would be Goater and Lawson up front, with Bradbury and the (hopefully) fit again Gray on the bench?

Maybe Lawson with bradbury would be food for thought?

Harsh on goater though who is getting the goals.

Goater has to play, as he scored again today.

Shame about Freddy, but i would rather him miss that game than many we have left, as lets be fair, Walsall are sh!t.

If Gray is available it may be his pace taht will secure a starting berth. Will keep Freddy fresh for Col U.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimper2thecore @ Feb. 18 2006,19:10)]Goater has to play, as he scored again today.
don't agree with that - he was anonymous today. His goal was a 3 yard header that even ORM could've scored.

He's too old and slow to chase down defenders / loose balls, whereas Bradbury has looked sharp every time he's come on.

Even if Gray is fit I reckon he'll be on the bench. Goater and Bradbury to start.... hopefully we can capitalise on their terrible recent form...

Even with his goals recently (although all have been tap ins) I'd be controversial and go with Bradbury and Lawson to be honest.

Anyone know how often Bradbury & Goater played up front together at Man City? I know they've played a bit together but not sure just how much.
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Andy_S @ Feb. 18 2006,21:57)]Anyone know how often Bradbury & Goater played up front together at Man City? I know they've played a bit together but not sure just how much.
rock.gif
The Goat and Bradbury made 17 appearances together at Manchester City. In six of these 17 games, one of them was substituted at some point. There were a further three games where the Goat started and Bradbury came on as a sub to join him.

In that overall total of 20 games where they played alongside one another, The Goat scored 10 goals and Bradbury scored 7.

All this happened between March and October 1998, when they were so much younger....

biggrin.gif

I dont see how peolpe think the Goat and Bradbury play the same kind of game?

From what I have seen of Bradbury he is fast and very lively.

As where the Goat is.............well, not so fast!

wow.gif

The thing that worries me is Walsall are more of a blunt edge side... They have got absolutely nothing upfront after the departures of Leitao and Fryatt, so will more than likely come to Roots Hall with 10 defenders and a Keeper, and without Freddy's cutting edge i'm worried we'll fail to score.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (EastStandBlue @ Feb. 18 2006,22:33)]The thing that worries me is Walsall are more of a blunt edge side... They have got absolutely nothing upfront after the departures of Leitao and Fryatt, so will more than likely come to Roots Hall with 10 defenders and a Keeper, and without Freddy's cutting edge i'm worried we'll fail to score.
yea afraid thats exactly my thinking too !! Walsall got a 0-0 draw at Col U last week dont forget , its no forgone conclusion this one , crowd are gonna have to be patient next week me thinks

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Leeboy @ Feb. 18 2006,21:55)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimper2thecore @ Feb. 18 2006,19:10)]Goater has to play, as he scored again today.
don't agree with that - he was anonymous today. His goal was a 3 yard header that even ORM could've scored.

He's too old and slow to chase down defenders / loose balls, whereas Bradbury has looked sharp every time he's come on.
Are you Wiggy in disguise?

tounge.gif

Back