• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Eastwood

SARF

Director
Now should we get a bid of 3 mill (unlikely) then obviously it makes sense to let him go..
Same for 2 mill..
but with only a year to go at ahat level does it make sense to keep him and let him go on a free at the end of next season.. Is Freddy scoring the 20 plus goals that gets us promoted worth more than 1 mill ? Would he be motivated enough to put his best efforts in.. would he have to, to attract the attentions of bigger clubs..
I reckon 1 mill keep him.. once you get to 1.5 then its into the uncertainty zone..Assuming we havn't any proven hot shot replacements lined up

I'd love to keep Freddy, even if he left for nothing at the end of the year. However, I don't think it's a good idea to keep him against his will - a sulking Freddy is no good to anyone and it could affect team morale. If he wants to go, sell him to the highest bidder.

If he is happy to stay and has a good attitude about it, hold on for £2million plus or no sale.

Freddy wanted out before, now we are in league one he will want out even more, and who can blame him.

Id rather he left and we had a couple of million than to have one season and no money to replace him next summer....

Freddy wanted out before, now we are in league one he will want out even more, and who can blame him.

Id rather he left and we had a couple of million than to have one season and no money to replace him next summer....

Agreed, charlton being relegated opens the door for him to go there. I know for a fact Pards is interested.

Yes true, I expect that he will want out even more so that we have been relegated and would prefer to get some cash in for him rather than let him go on a free. However, I wouldnt be too surprised if come September he was still with us.

It depends all depends on how much money Ron will let him go for, afterall he still under contract. I cant see Ron letting him go for less than 1.5m which I am not sure anyone will pay for someone that is unproven. I dont doubt that he will be able to compete at a higher level, nor do I doubt his potential worth but not sure if anyone will pay more than that.

I think it all depends on whether it turns into a bidding war. If there are more than two clubs interested/bidding then we can hope for a better figure. Will be interesting to see what happens I guess....

Lots of factors, like is his back on the mend?

Also, at the risk of seeming like the Real Madrid marketing department, if we release a new shirt we need a decent name to stick on the back because weseem to have sold loads this season, and Harrold 24 will probably not be a great seller.

Hopefully he can still be with us at the start of the season, score 10-15 goals by January and then we sell him for 2-3 million.

I cant see Ron letting him go for less than 1.5m which I am not sure anyone will pay for someone that is unproven.

Neither can I. As to unproven he has scored 11 goals for a poor team in the championship so that must prove something.

Lets hope he gets a game or two for Wales and does well.

hopefully R Martin will dive in soon with new contract offer -

He wont be able to.

Freddy could get 5 times what we could offer him elsewhere and clearly wants to better himself.

Last edited:
I think Freddy was a disappointment in the Championship and got found out and i think he knew it.I've seen him have too many really poor games and his work rate has been nothing compared to other seasons during his stay with us.His movement off the ball has dropped in particular and i believe he is too easily marked.
Bradbury is easy to mark as he doesn't get sideways on you so never does damage going forward, only back or sideways does he move the ball and of course the goal isn't there!So when Freddy plays so often behind Bradders then he has to make dummy runs etc to somehow create a bit of space but Freddy hasn't done this nearly enough and is too static.
When Fred recieves a pass also he's not moving the ball quickly enough out of his feet ,i.e. recieve >sprint into space >turn onto the man or make a measured pass.This is why too often he has two or three men around him suddenly and finds himself under too much pressure.

I've seen him have too many really poor games and his work rate has been nothing compared to other seasons during his stay with us.His movement off the ball has dropped in particular and i believe he is too easily marked..

Alternatively his work rate and movement have been exactly the same as last year but you are more critical because he hasnt scored as many goals.

Only last season he was criticised by Tilson for his work rate, yet no one ever complained about it because he was scoring.

When Ive watched him he makes plenty of runs, yet the ball never gets played in time or to the right place....

Yes true, I expect that he will want out even more so that we have been relegated and would prefer to get some cash in for him rather than let him go on a free. However, I wouldnt be too surprised if come September he was still with us.

It depends all depends on how much money Ron will let him go for, afterall he still under contract. I cant see Ron letting him go for less than 1.5m which I am not sure anyone will pay for someone that is unproven. I dont doubt that he will be able to compete at a higher level, nor do I doubt his potential worth but not sure if anyone will pay more than that.

I think it all depends on whether it turns into a bidding war. If there are more than two clubs interested/bidding then we can hope for a better figure. Will be interesting to see what happens I guess....

I can see a bidding war between Norwich, Charlton, Man City and Fulham.

Norwich were interested in Eastwood earlier on in the season, and now we have gone down may think it will be easier to pick him up from us.

Eastwood would be a half decent replacement for Darren Bent when he goes. Bent is likely to go for between £5 million and £10 million so think they will have the £3 million I think will be enough to get Eastwood.

City massively struggled for goals with Vassell, Samaras, Corradi and to a lesser extent Mpenza. With a rumoured take over possibly given them some serious dosh to be spent, Eastwood (as arguably one of the hottest properties outside of the top two divisions) could well be a target. Unsure whether he'd travel up North though hence the reason I think....

Fulham maybe interested. Collins John is likely to be gone leaving them very limited up front. Have a little bit of cash to throw around and could be a possible interested party depending who gets the job.

Another name worth throwing into the ring is Watford....

City massively struggled for goals with Vassell, Samaras, Corradi and to a lesser extent Mpenza. With a rumoured take over possibly given them some serious dosh to be spent, Eastwood (as arguably one of the hottest properties outside of the top two divisions) could well be a target. Unsure whether he'd travel up North though hence the reason I think....

Dont see any chance at all of Man City being interested.

They need a proven goal scorer at Premiership level and arent in a position to take a risk on a player with only one season in the Championship.

They wont take the chance after a season like they have just had.

Dont see any chance at all of Man City being interested.

They need a proven goal scorer at Premiership level and arent in a position to take a risk on a player with only one season in the Championship.

They wont take the chance after a season like they have just had.

But how many "proven Premiership goal scorers" are gonna be interested in City after the season they have had. I can see them investing in young, English talent, ala Eastwood, Nugent players like that.

Then again I could be way off.

Alternatively his work rate and movement have been exactly the same as last year but you are more critical because he hasnt scored as many goals.

Only last season he was criticised by Tilson for his work rate, yet no one ever complained about it because he was scoring.

When Ive watched him he makes plenty of runs, yet the ball never gets played in time or to the right place....

There can be no denying that our team is set up to give Fred as much ball as poss but he hasn't done so well this season with the ball at his feet because of his reluctance to move the ball quickly when he recieves it.Too easily marked.Some of his runs he doesn't get the pass it deserves.Too many offsides though and the play gets slowed down when the ball reaches his feet.Gotta say,i'm disappointed and expected more this season.On his day though,he is still a brilliant striker especially in an open game and i've had great fun enjoying his game.

Well proven premiership goal scorers are rare, but theres plenty of French, Dutch , Cameroonians etc etc who have played at a higher level.

Just dont see them looking to Eastwood to score goals against Premiership defences. If they were going to buy from the Championship they would surely be more interested in Chopra/Kamara/Earnshaw types who have more experience or the prolific Cureton and Iwelumo :)

There can be no denying that our team is set up to give Fred as much ball as poss but he hasn't done so well this season with the ball at his feet because of his reluctance to move the ball quickly when he recieves it.

How often does he actually get the ball to his feet though ? Not often.

The sole reason Eastwood hasnt had a better season is because we were very poor for 75% of the season.

He still managed to score 11 goals, and without checking Im sure he probably created 9 of them on his own.

Well proven premiership goal scorers are rare, but theres plenty of French, Dutch , Cameroonians etc etc who have played at a higher level.

Just dont see them looking to Eastwood to score goals against Premiership defences. If they were going to buy from the Championship they would surely be more interested in Chopra/Kamara/Earnshaw types who have more experience or the prolific Cureton and Iwelumo :)

True, but Pearce has tried to sign players from top leagues in Europe with Samaras and Corradi both having decent records in decent leagues so he may not want to go down that route again.

Its possible he'd look at the likes of Chopra, Kamara (If WBA don't get promoted) and Earnshaw, but they'd be far more expensive then Eastwood, who a lot of teams will think can pick up on the cheap because we have been relegated, like a lot of teams will look at Healy as well.

Back