• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Eastwood

1890-ARMY

As A Grays Fan

I was upset to see Freddie go but I must say you have a gem there.

No doubting this blokes skill and ability

Oh we have him under contract so you will owe some fee as we turned down 100K from Northampton

[b said:
Quote[/b] (1890-ARMY @ Oct. 06 2004,16:59)]As A Grays Fan

I was upset to see Freddie go but I must say you have a gem there.

No doubting this blokes skill and ability

Oh we have him under contract so you will owe some fee as we turned down 100K from Northampton
Dude it's a loan deal

i certainly hope so. cant believe with money being so tight someone would offer £100k for an unproven novice

Yeah But Stimmo and Tilson are very close from their Canvey days.

I have no doubt that you will make an offer for him once he has completed a month.

Charlton offered him a Reserves contract and Swindon want him bad.

Once you see him you will understand

Lets hope he is as good as you have stated. If he proves himself during the one month loan, hopefully we can extend that till the end of the season.

I hope your right 1890 i really do, we aint seen a decent raw talent down here for a while plus hes a local lad so even better, heres hoping he starts friday night and shows the rest of our strikers how to hit the target!. We are in desperate need of a goal getter, if he's really worth a six figure sum then so be it. We will wait till the end of the month to see if hes worthy of such a price tag though!!.... I just hope if he does turn out to be a 'gem' that we dont let let him slip through the net, this club has let that happen too many times than i care to remember over the years.

heres hoping....

I, personally, think the only way he will be able to keep him at The Hall for longer than his one month loan will be if we extend his loan. I can't see us forking out £100K plus to sign him, even if his a hit. We'd like to I'd imagine but we simply wouldn't be able to afford it. I'm guessing the lad will be using this loan as a chance to put himself in the shop window.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BoyWonder2 @ Oct. 06 2004,19:29)]I, personally, think the only way he will be able to keep him at The Hall for longer than his one month loan will be if we extend his loan. I can't see us forking out £100K plus to sign him, even if his a hit. We'd like to I'd imagine but we simply wouldn't be able to afford it. I'm guessing the lad will be using this loan as a chance to put himself in the shop window.
...IF he's as good as suggested, and I dearly hope so , and even if he's half the expectation so far, then, yeah 100k is a lot of money, but as an investment? good business. Uncle Ron understands that, as a sell on we could double our money or triple it, or in the crazy world of football just stick a nought on the end of it. Even though we will have to pay Grays some sell on clause it could be a no lose situation.
It all depends on Eastwood. Lets hope he makes our day eh?

Eastwood, one on one with Boston GK...

I know what you're thinking punk... You're thinking did he fire six shots or only five? And to tell you the truth I've forgotten myself in all this excitement, but being as this is a .44 Magnum - the most powerful hand gun in the world and will blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself a question - Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya punk!

Go ahead, Eastwood! MAKE OUR DAY...
tounge.gif

It was only a matter of time before someone said that wasn't it Technician. You beat everyone to it though.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BoyWonder2 @ Oct. 06 2004,23:48)]It was only a matter of time before someone said that wasn't it Technician. You beat everyone to it though.
Yeh, I know it was cheesy, but I couldn't resist!

The only trouble was, I didn't know what football related term I could replace a .44 Magnum with... I just hope Eastwood makes sure he ties the laces on his boots correctly!
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Technician @ Oct. 07 2004,00:41)]Eastwood, one on one with Boston GK...

I know what you're thinking punk... You're thinking did he fire six shots or only five? And to tell you the truth I've forgotten myself in all this excitement, but being as this is a .44 Magnum - the most powerful hand gun in the world and will blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself a question - Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya punk!

Go ahead, Eastwood! MAKE OUR DAY...
tounge.gif
How about this, Techy:

Eastwood, one on one with Boston GK...

I know what you're thinking punk... You're thinking did he fire six shots or only five? And to tell you the truth I've forgotten myself in all this excitement, but being as this is a Nike Mercurial Vapor football boot, the most powerfull football boot in the world, and will blow your hands clean off, you've got to ask yourself a question - Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya punk!

rock.gif

biggrin.gif

Thing with him is that he looks comftable with the ball, you get players that have been prospects but look uneasy with the ball at their feet i.e Bramble.

This kid can fire them in with both feet, skillfull, quick.

He has everything and if given the right coaching will progress

[b said:
Quote[/b] (1890-ARMY @ Oct. 07 2004,09:52)]Thing with him is that he looks comftable with the ball, you get players that have been prospects but look uneasy with the ball at their feet i.e Bramble.

This kid can fire them in with both feet, skillfull, quick.  

He has everything and if given the right coaching will progress
I guess you are either a Grays supporter or the Chairman, trying to talk up the transfer fee. If it is the former, thanks for the information, but we need to judge him on League 2 football and getting past defence minded teams putting 10 players behind the ball. If you are the latter, it's no good talking to us...
wink.gif
wow.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Technician @ Oct. 07 2004,11:51)]I guess you are either a Grays supporter...
May I refer my not-so-learned friend to 1890-ARMY's first post on this thread... and (indeed) his opening line!

tounge.gif

Just think you have a good player there.

Step up will be a task, it s only natural.

I went to see him play for Charlton Ressies and the fans took to him straight away because of his skill and direct running, I think your fans will take to him too

[b said:
Quote[/b] (1890-ARMY @ Oct. 07 2004,12:02)]Just think you have a good player there.

Step up will be a task, it s only natural.

I went to see him play for Charlton Ressies and the fans took to him straight away because of his skill and direct running, I think your fans will take to him too
Any songs you used to sing for him?

Just the Usual

"OH FREDDIE FREDDIE"
"FREDDIE FREDDIE FREDDIE FREDDIE FRED EEASTWOOD"

AND

"YOU ARE MY EASTWOOD"
"MY FREDDIE EASTWOOD"
"YOU MAKE ME HAPPY WHEN SKIES ARE GREY"
"WE WANTED SHERER HE'S F*CKING DEARER"
"SO PLEASE DONT TAKE MY FREDDIE AWAY"

Back