• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Echo and Official Site Match Report

BryanDogg

Centre Half
Hi SZers. As I understand it the Echo and Club don't have the best working relationship. Yet reading the match reports tonight on the official site and the echo site they read word for word.

Does the OS take their match report from the Echo or vice versa? Either way seems odd to me.

Just a trivial matter, but I'm curious none-the-less.

Cheers, UTB.

Hi SZers. As I understand it the Echo and Club don't have the best working relationship. Yet reading the match reports tonight on the official site and the echo site they read word for word.

Does the OS take their match report from the Echo or vice versa? Either way seems odd to me.

Just a trivial matter, but I'm curious none-the-less.

Cheers, UTB.

No, they don't, unless Dean from Media at the club has been given his cards. Chris Phillips doesn't usually do his match report as quick as it appeared on the OS, I will find out for you why this was.

No, they don't, unless Dean from Media at the club has been given his cards. Chris Phillips doesn't usually do his match report as quick as it appeared on the OS, I will find out for you why this was.

..... and his are usually of a (slightly) better quality.

Dean has gone as I found out by chance the other day when asking what they required from me for this year's programme. Dave Scriven told me the programme is being outsourced and they wont need my help.

Bit peed off after 13 years of writing for the programme to be told like this but ho hum. And I did not get a testimonial!

Dean has gone as I found out by chance the other day when asking what they required from me for this year's programme. Dave Scriven told me the programme is being outsourced and they wont need my help.

Bit peed off after 13 years of writing for the programme to be told like this but ho hum. And I did not get a testimonial!

sorry to hear that. i loved your columns. any way you can find out who it's being outsourced to? i bet they would love to hear from you.

Which columns did you write?

That's a shame, they were good reads. And a bigger shame that you had to find out that way.... (unfortunately typical of the club at the moment, even with a good result last night!)

Does this mean our programmes are going to feel even less like 'our own'?

My Dad has the same problem with his history of the 1920s season aka The Cricko years.

Ok, as Hawkwell Blue says Dean has left, the report on the OS is Chris' now although I don't know if what was posted originally was.

Write them for SZ instead!

Back