• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Echo news on stadium

TrueBlue

SJP Taxi & Private Hire ⭐️
The echo have had a joint statement from club and sainsburys about ground should be ready by 2014! Now before you all roll your eyes and laugh here like I did the key thing to look at is this is a joint statement not just from SUFC but Sainsburys have thrown some weight behind it.

With so many false dawns until they start building I dont think anyone will have much faith.

Why hasnt the club made a statement on the official site?

The echo have had a joint statement from club and sainsburys about ground should be ready by 2014! Now before you all roll your eyes and laugh here like I did the key thing to look at is this is a joint statement not just from SUFC but Sainsburys have thrown some weight behind it.

I agree, the key point here is that Sainsburys have put their name to the statement. It's not a throw away promise by Ron.

Just checked the website.

The headline is "could" not "should". Nice to have a statement but its still a hope rather than a firm schedule.

There seems to be more comment from some bloke called Ken than the club. Who the hell is he, sounds like a right wally :smile:

Just checked the website.

The headline is "could" not "should". Nice to have a statement but its still a hope rather than a firm schedule.

There seems to be more comment from some bloke called Ken than the club. Who the hell is he, sounds like a right wally :smile:

That bloke, who is a right wally, was caught off-guard by the phone call from the Echo. Fainted.

With so many false dawns until they start building I dont think anyone will have much faith.

Why hasnt the club made a statement on the official site?
Because the Echo goes to press before people working at the club?

Because the Echo goes to press before people working at the club?

Seeing as Ken was interviewed last week then I'm sure the club were aware. Also it's pretty easy to update a website remotely or automatically.

I guess it's a bit of bridge-building with the local press...

I was in Wickes on Sunday and noticed they had completely sold out of stadium nails.

Coincidence?

What exactly still needs planning permission? I thought all the necessary permissions were in place.

THe only problem is someone keeps flushing the bog in the station, thus delaying the the 2010 to fossets farm.

Update.......Flights from London Southend International Airport have been grounded due to the sighting of a group of Sus scrofa domesticus making their way at an altitude of around 5,000 feet in the general direction of Fossets Farm.

If the club had released this I would have just ignored it however Sainsburys backing the deal makes this the real deal!

Will the stadium be known as fossets farm? Sounds pikey!

I thought it was the Pizza places along the parade outside the current ground which is the hold up?
No, it's been said elsewhere these could be the last things to go. Knock down Prospects and all access through there to our car park area so they can commence works there.

Besides which, all those workmen will need somewhere to get their lunch from! :winking:

Back