• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Egypt-day of protest

WEll the Yeman and of course troubles in Iran have been going on a while . Was watching GMT on BBC2 yesterday and there is a movement to shift the old power bases ... to to any extremists models as peopel just want jobs and ... well more liberal freedoms they are fed up with being told what to do when . Be interesting to see what happens

Well with Mubarak now refusing to step down, how do you see this resolving itself?

I was amazed to see Israel backing Mubarak and saying there is no hurry for change, baring in mind how in bed they are with the Americans.

I was amazed to see Israel backing Mubarak and saying there is no hurry for change, baring in mind how in bed they are with the Americans.

The devil they know to retain the status quo. :sherlock:

I fear it could be down down, deeper and down though.

Mubarak was Sadat's deputy when Egypt & Israel agreed on peace 20 odd years ago, so I'm not overly surprised about that. Also the Americans have heavily backed Egypt over the years.

What Israel will be concerned about is a new government of Islamic fundementalists taking charge in Egypt. There's a few countries in the area that may be ripe for change, and they all appear to have the same thing in common a long serving president. Yemen is seeing people on the streets, change has already happened in Tunisia, and it could happen in Algeria & Morocco. Oddly the most stable looking country in the North Africa region appears to be Libya, although I would have thought that after 42 years Col Gadaffi may have got a promotion by now.

Back