• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Embargo

Notts County signing Junior Morias from Dagenham.

Yet another example of a club pushing for promotion being able to strengthen at this point in the season.

Cricky, how many attacking players do they need? That’s the sort of signing we should be making though at this level if not for him being in charger. Just shows really what we are up against!

Yet another example of a club pushing for promotion being able to strengthen at this point in the season.
ever since watching him in the 0-4 home defeat to Daggers last year I hoped we might get him at some point (before he's 35 and injury prone of course), class player at this level, he was unplayable that day. Don't really know what he's doing in the NL to be honest.

Whereas Dagenham have lost Josh Walker, Paul McCullum and now Morias having signed Effiong from Aldershot.

Morias was of course sent off for Kings Lynn in our NL debut.

While i hate the thought of any good businesses that support southend not being paid, I'm wondering if its possible if any of sufc's losses have been attributed to that company to lose them.

While i hate the thought of any good businesses that support southend not being paid, I'm wondering if its possible if any of sufc's losses have been attributed to that company to lose them.
Shouldn’t think so.
Any SUFC “debts” give Ron a stronger hand in controlling the club and sale to any potential buyer.

For what it's worth (not a lot it seems...) Martin Dawn (Leckhampton) Ltd was wound up today by the High Court. As at 31/1/20, it was £3.3m in debt.

Has a charge on it from a company called NewIncco 1274 - a company that seems to have links to the tax haven of British Virgin Isles and Jersey. The charge is on land at Leckhampton. Odd thing is the assets of NewIncco in its accounts of last year were just £1. I guess they've lent Ron money for the land purchase. Is this the land that Ron was struggling with getting planning? Has he received a final no planning and so let the company go?

Fans have a voice. They just need to start using it more. This isn’t normal. The experience of being a fan vs so many clubs and other sports is laughable. Like him or not a certain player or his agent used their voice recently and removed themselves from the situation. That player will be fine. Despite our snipping at him on here. Maybe instead of tens of pages chastising him for leaving examine why we still accept what he decided wasn’t ok.

No more players will be coming in this season is what I've heard from within. In any case, I think we're quite far from the play offs now so bringing in more won't change things now sadly. If it had been lifted when we paid HRMC, then we would still have had key games remaining with a couple of additions and had a good chance. However, the embargo remained, we lost Kacper, the other teams all strengthened, we couldn't and we've lost against all our rival play off sides. One man and one man only to thank for that.
Accept little chance of play offs! But my main concern is that some players who Kev would want for next season , need to be resigned to new or extended contracts , could it turn into a complete meltdown in May/June...

No more players will be coming in this season is what I've heard from within. In any case, I think we're quite far from the play offs now so bringing in more won't change things now sadly. If it had been lifted when we paid HRMC, then we would still have had key games remaining with a couple of additions and had a good chance. However, the embargo remained, we lost Kacper, the other teams all strengthened, we couldn't and we've lost against all our rival play off sides. One man and one man only to thank for that.
I Accept little chance of play offs! But my main concern is that some players who Kev would want for next season ,they need to be resigned to new or extended contracts , could it turn into a complete meltdown in May/June?

Back