• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Football

Blues on Tour
Today, I was embarrassed to be a Shrimper. Not because of the poor performance on the pitch, I've witnessed plenty of those; but because of the behaviour of people in the away end. I chose my words carefully there, for supporters of Southend United you are not.

Some of the chants coming from a group of people behind me were appalling. And cowardly. If you want to shout "town full of ****s", don't hide your face with your hands, do it so everyone can see what a small brained racist you are. Better still, don't open your mouth. Better still, stay at home.

I wont elaborate on other songs and comments, because I don't want to give these cretins the oxygen of publicity any further than this post.

I look forward to Newport and Mansfield, where it will be proper Shrimpers, properly supporting our club and not idiots who seem to think we are still in the 1970s.

Today, I was embarrassed to be a Shrimper. Not because of the poor performance on the pitch, I've witnessed plenty of those; but because of the behaviour of people in the away end. I chose my words carefully there, for supporters of Southend United you are not.

Some of the chants coming from a group of people behind me were appalling. And cowardly. If you want to shout "town full of ****s", don't hide your face with your hands, do it so everyone can see what a small brained racist you are. Better still, don't open your mouth. Better still, stay at home.

I wont elaborate on other songs and comments, because I don't want to give these cretins the oxygen of publicity any further than this post.

I look forward to Newport and Mansfield, where it will be proper Shrimpers, properly supporting our club and not idiots who seem to think we are still in the 1970s.

That will be sheep sheep sheep shaggers...Is there a difference? Not that I'm condoning it

Totally agree with what has been said above. As I said on the post match thread, I wonder what our non English supporters thought of the chants!!

Without wanting to sound pedantic do we actually have any non English supporters? We're not exactly a global brand!

Yes, there have been a few Asian families in the West recently. They wouldn't want to come back if they were hearing that kind of small minded bigotry.

I was in this block of people and at no point did I hear this chant.. I'm not saying it didn't happen but if it did it wasn't as loud as being made out

i think people need to understand the whole game didn't help the atmosphere, nor did the stewards.

also, these lads have paid money to go today, they are southend fans. They sang southend songs and backed the boys. Don't forget not everyone can afford the £80 an away day accumulates to

I was in this block of people and at no point did I hear this chant.. I'm not saying it didn't happen but if it did it wasn't as loud as being made out

i think people need to understand the whole game didn't help the atmosphere, nor did the stewards.

also, these lads have paid money to go today, they are southend fans. They sang southend songs and backed the boys. Don't forget not everyone can afford the £80 an away day accumulates to

That is a pathetic response.

What the hell?? Does paying £80 allow people to sing racist songs?? Are we back in the 80's!

Luton is a horrid place to be fair..but no place for racism in any walk of life.

I heard chants about Southend having English supporters. Didn't hear anything specifically racist. I was only sitting a row behind Lord Football.

I heard chants about Southend having English supporters. Didn't hear anything specifically racist. I was only sitting a row behind Lord Football.
The 'our support is English' chant is implying that theirs' isn't and that that is a bad thing. The meaning is pretty obvious.
i heard individuals saying a lot worse and and if I'd been able to tell who I would have had a word because it was unexceptable.

Another ridicuous response. It was indirect racism - 100%. A shame our club is associated with such a thing.

So what are you saying? Are you agreeing with Lord Football or not?

I'm agreeing racism shouldn't be tolerated in modern day football, what I'm arguing is that you can't say these lads aren't southend fans because of their choice of chant. These lads probably aren't racist, just thought it was funny or a laugh with their mates not thinking about the consequences.

Example was was northampton away when we won 5-2.. My mate was joking around with us, forgetting where he was, said something considered racist. I've known him for years and he isn't a racist, just caught in the moment joking with mates. However it was heard and he was nicked and taken to court.

my point is that these lads probably aren't racist and just got caught up in the day. I think branding them as not southend fans is harsh. However I don't condone racism

Perhaps some of the "fans" who took part in this chant would like to come on here and tell us why they sang it!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back