• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

baddowblue

It was a great win but on paper this is not our strongest team - so what did they do differently at Rotherham that we have not seen in previous games. I have looked at the match reports and individual players have been praised but there was not an outright explanation of where this brilliant peformance came from. Does it go to prove that a good team is not necessarily made up of good individual players? Can someone who went enlighten me??

Personally, Rotherham weren't that great. Also seemed their defence was petrified of Dickinson. Maybe because he was there in the summer they knew all about his pace etc, but they just couldn't handle him all afternoon.

I wasn't there but from what I've heard we played it on the ground well? Maybe it actually does have something to do with the team selection, sometimes the defenders get slated for hoofing the ball, but usually the midfielders don't get into enough space for the pass, leaving the defenders with only one option. As I said I wasn't there so I don't have anythingto back this theory up, but maybe the midfield we had out has better positioning? Also from what I have seen kalala is the best man if you want someone to cover the back 4, which takes a bit of pressure off the back.

How refreshing to have a midfielder that drives forward and into the box, Timlin. Take note Grant if you ever get back, stay on your feet and we might get a few goals!

How refreshing to have a midfielder that drives forward and into the box, Timlin. Take note Grant if you ever get back, stay on your feet and we might get a few goals!
This was a big reason, we weren't affraid to shoot. Everyone says what a poor division this is and its true so get shots on target and you'll score. We weren't expecting to get too much out of the game so there was an air of nothing to lose, fairly relaxed, but with high levels of work rate and team work. On Friday hopefully the 'nothing to lose' will be replaced by confidence, keep all the other eliments in place and we'll be top of the league!

Yeah I think an emphatic win was just what the side needed to hopefully kickstart some form. I think another game against one of the top sides was just what we needed as well. If we'd have been playing a Barnet or a Hereford then we might go into Friday's game thinking we only needed to turn up. But Shrewsbury are no mugs at this level and we'll have to put in another great performance to get the win. With the confidence from Saturday hopefully we'll come flying out the blocks and put them under pressure from the off. This should fire up the crowd and it should be a good night at The Hall.

I think its really important that the crowd don't get on the players' backs on Friday. Confidence should be high and they'll probably try things which don't always come off but we need them to keep going for 90 minutes to get something from the game.

There was no real expectation for a win just perhaps the general pre match nerves you would expect from all players
plus it would seem Rotherham had an off day as well.
All the players are now playing for selection and looking over the shoulder at those who are suspended and injured and
you can bet your bottom dollar that PS since he scolded them is constantly reminding them that they are playing for there places and what a good thing to! .
There is still alot to do and along way to go so to be in the mix an NOT particularly playing well gives you the belief that a run of good form could keep us right up there .
The bouyant goodfeel factor in the squad especially in training hopefully will get stronger an stronger and build up a mental strength as a team as well as individually and will get us out of trouble in some games .
PS i would imagine must be scratching his head wondering why with the squad he has are taking so long to gel
i did not go to game so cant comment on how we played other than reading reports but it looked like goals come from 2 long throw ins and a corner not open play and thats what can win us this league.
Are we playing better football ? Earlier in the season i asked promotion an dont care if its long ball as long as we get the result or football played on the ground untill we start getting the results?
its a difficult one and PS as manager seems to be keeping it all together but what ever he does i feel he has the players in the squad to do it with enabling him to make changes during the course of the full season so give him the support he needs.
C/MON YOU BLUES

Back