• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

England B v kangeroos

Grealish shot that went out for a throw summed it up for me

**Edit - wrong player - Maddison shot

Last edited:
First half very poor
Second started off better,went one up..then GS makes four changes which hindered not helped...and the game changed again.
I m always worried when England are not playing well and GS makes changes
Hope Italy dont take the lead tuesday,think we will struggle to win if they do

Well that was a borefest .Could stomach more than the first half I'm afraid.
Yet you started a thread about it.
See no point in England playing these sort of friendlies unless fielding the strongest possible XI to maintain a continuity. The GS method of ’trying out’ players that haven’t a hope of ever making the team in a competitive match / tournament is plain ridiculous.
It’s damned if you do/don’t etc. One minute fans are accusing GS of picking his ‘favourites’, the next fans are complaining about being him being too experimental.

While I get the consistency thing, on this occasion it’s possible GS wanted to rest a few of the genuine first-teamers and keep Italy guessing.

I don’t know why some are complaining really. It was a borefest, not denying that, but it gave GS a close-up insight into who might have a genuine future at international level and who won’t.

See no point in England playing these sort of friendlies unless fielding the strongest possible XI to maintain a continuity. The GS method of ’trying out’ players that haven’t a hope of ever making the team in a competitive match / tournament is plain ridiculous.
On the contrary, it was nice of the English FA to play the Aussies in honour of our very own Mr Justin Rees ;-)

I think the compromise Southgate has come to with the clubs is that if they release the players and not have them develop convenient injuries he’ll only play them in one of the two games each international break.

He needs to develop depth and not overwork his starters and this seems to be the best way to do so.They may not play immediately but they may need to be drafted in 2 weeks before a World Cup and this means they are use to Southgate’s systems and style.

What has changed is that the second XI seem so much older. Previously they all seemed to be players promoted prematurely from the u21s.

It was a pretty turgid performance and I’m concerned about the depth behind the starting line-up. For all the talk of this being such a deep group of players that depth seems to be limited to attacking midfielders only. Where are the centre forwards and holding midfielders, central defenders and goalkeepers etc?

Yet you started a thread about it.
It’s damned if you do/don’t etc. One minute fans are accusing GS of picking his ‘favourites’, the next fans are complaining about being him being too experimental.

While I get the consistency thing, on this occasion it’s possible GS wanted to rest a few of the genuine first-teamers and keep Italy guessing.

I don’t know why some are complaining really. It was a borefest, not denying that, but it gave GS a close-up insight into who might have a genuine future at international level and who won’t.
That was only because nobody else seemed to have had the balls when I logged on (late the morning after).Perhaps suprisingly, I expect more from an England International football team.

I think the compromise Southgate has come to with the clubs is that if they release the players and not have them develop convenient injuries he’ll only play them in one of the two games each international break.

He needs to develop depth and not overwork his starters and this seems to be the best way to do so.They may not play immediately but they may need to be drafted in 2 weeks before a World Cup and this means they are use to Southgate’s systems and style.

What has changed is that the second XI seem so much older. Previously they all seemed to be players promoted prematurely from the u21s.

It was a pretty turgid performance and I’m concerned about the depth behind the starting line-up. For all the talk of this being such a deep group of players that depth seems to be limited to attacking midfielders only. Where are the centre forwards and holding midfielders, central defenders and goalkeepers etc?
We or rather Boregate thinks we are better than we actually are,

Henderson being booed was not a surprise.
Him being picked for the squad and starting was, why as he has chosen $$$ over competitive football? He is hardly going to be a player for the future is he?
Completely agree that going to Saudi now feels to me like an easy, unambitious but lucrative choice. However, he’s perfectly entitled to do it - it isn’t wrong, and suggesting it is immoral goes too far.

For England, he might not be the future any more but that alone does not mean instant mandatory retirement.

England fans need to quit the moralistic and ‘I know better than the coach’ booing and concentrate only on what they do best: getting behind the team.

That was only because nobody else seemed to have had the balls when I logged on (late the morning after).Perhaps suprisingly, I expect more from an England International football team.
You really don’t do yourself any favours with these types of posts. It’s actually quite insulting. It was an awful game but England still won and it was only a friendly anyway. Given you played down England’s win in Italy as well it’s difficult to take your posts seriously on this subject.

For what it’s worth my opinion on England is not too dissimilar to yours. However, I still have faith that we can still win a major trophy and will support my country.
We or rather Boregate thinks we are better than we actually are,
GS knows what he’s doing. Sometimes it’s a bit conservative but like I’ve mentioned on several occasions, defensively we are vulnerable, especially to counter attacks so sometimes playing an extra defensive midfielder gives England a better balance.

You really don’t do yourself any favours with these types of posts. It’s actually quite insulting. It was an awful game but England still won and it was only a friendly anyway. Given you played down England’s win in Italy as well it’s difficult to take your posts seriously on this subject.

For what it’s worth my opinion on England is not too dissimilar to yours. However, I still have faith that we can still win a major trophy and will support my country.

GS knows what he’s doing. Sometimes it’s a bit conservative but like I’ve mentioned on several occasions, defensively we are vulnerable, especially to counter attacks so sometimes playing an extra defensive midfielder gives England a better balance.
Maybe but I can think of at least 3 better teams who've already qualified for the Euros in Germany.England will have to get very lucky with their side of the raw if GS is gonna win the thing.

Maybe but I can think of at least 3 better teams who've already qualified for the Euros in Germany.England will have to get very lucky with their side of the raw if GS is gonna win the thing.
From the formation of Shrimperzone you have slagged the England team off regardless of players, manager or tournament so why not do us all a favour and keep your jundiced opinions to yourself.

Another tornament ban will probably be the only way no doubt.

Back