• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

CranleighBlue

Hi,

It is no bloody good just practising penalties in training. They need to practice under pressure.
At tournaments invite English Fans to training & ask them to "moon" & jeer behind the goals.
Furthermore what was Joe Hart doing?
In most sets of 5 kicks, 1 will miss & 2 will go dead centre. Far better just to stand still & sway a la Bruce Grobbelar.

Just tweeted :-

"New FA competition please. After all league & Cup games all English players take penalties with top 16 for the season shoot out at Cup Final"

Limited to 42 characters !!
If somebody would sponsor this it would at least try to replicate taking penalties under pressure !!

Pressure isn't created by fans though, it's created by the situation. Players that can mentally shut out the magnitude of their kick do better.

On the subject of penalties, us Shrimpers have a horrible relationship with them. I've only seen us win one shoot out (and can remember listening to another win on the radio), so we're almost as bad as England!

I'd like to change the League Cup rules, at the start of the match there is a penalty shootout, and then the game is played. At the end of the game if it's a draw then it will mean that the shootout determines the winner. That way we get lots of shoot-out practice, and it'll make the matches more interesting because one team will have to go for it in 90 mins.

I'd like to change the League Cup rules, at the start of the match there is a penalty shootout, and then the game is played. At the end of the game if it's a draw then it will mean that the shootout determines the winner. That way we get lots of shoot-out practice, and it'll make the matches more interesting because one team will have to go for it in 90 mins.

Interesting, but the whole point of a pen shoot-out is the pressure. Most professionals should score from 12 yards. (except that oaf Graham Bressington)

I don't know about a league points bonus system - I still prefer my original idea :- A brand New FA competition. After all league & Cup games all English players take penalties with top 16 for the season having a shoot out at Cup Final with International goal keeper. If they did bring in a competition like this - there would be no way they would limit it to English players though!

Think at the end of each month, round up all the player's that are in contention for the England team and make them take three penalties each. If they miss a penalty, then they must have a forfeit depending on how bad the penalty was. For example, a great save from the keeper might only incur several rounds with Mohsni in a cage, or maybe setting John Terry loose on your WAG. That would be one way to put pressure on the penalty taker .....

Think at the end of each month, round up all the player's that are in contention for the England team and make them take three penalties each. If they miss a penalty, then they must have a forfeit depending on how bad the penalty was. For example, a great save from the keeper might only incur several rounds with Mohsni in a cage, or maybe setting John Terry loose on your WAG. That would be one way to put pressure on the penalty taker .....

The loser has to suffer the shame of a £5 haircut.

Back