• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

England U21s in Denmark

Tangled up in Blue

Certified Senior Citizen⭐
Spain were robbed.Mata was outstanding throughout and made Henderson look ordinary in midfield.Thought Welbeck's goal was clearly offside.Smalling will make it through to the full England team after the next Euros-not to sure that many will follow him from this bunch.
Nice to see Didac(number 17)play for Spain.He's an -ex Espanyol player and is returning on loan (from Milan)next season.Classy.

A useful point. See the Spanish young 'un's got taken out by the Bernabeu Sniper a few times.

Kyle Walker was excellent I thought, and considering how poor Glen Johnson has been in recent years he must have a great chance of breaking through into the full setup next season.

For all the possesion the Spaniards had, they did not really create that much did they?

Neither did the young lions either.

It was a game played mostly in the middle third, with Spain holding on to it for most of the time, with England chasing shadows. They showed some sublime passing and pretty little flicks, but rarely threatened the England goal.

Both goals to be fair, should of been scratched.

All in all a very decent point for England. But, we are way, way behind the Spanish in terms of ability. Beat them and you win the tournament I reckon.

As has been said above. I thought Smalling and Walker looked pretty composed and showed some real touches of class. I think they can possibly make the step up. As for the others. We will see.

Spain were robbed.Mata was outstanding throughout and made Henderson look ordinary in midfield.Thought Welbeck's goal was clearly offside.Smalling will make it through to the full England team after the next Euros-not to sure that many will follow him from this bunch.
Nice to see Didac(number 17)play for Spain.He's an -ex Espanyol player and is returning on loan (from Milan)next season.Classy.

I am sure the late equaliser for England came as a great disappointment.

I thought that England created a lot more clear cut chances than the dagos, particularly in the first half. Both goals were offside and for all the Spanish tippy tappy they lacked penetration and looked very suspect at the back. Sorry Barnaby, I know you love to put down the country of your birth, but you've #gotitwrongagain.

I am sure the late equaliser for England came as a great disappointment.

Not really, though it certainly wasn't deserved.I'd agree with Smiffy that only Smalling and Walker look ready to step up.England were physically stronger but nowhere near as good on or off the ball.Spain will progress(to at least the SF stage),England won't.

Not really, though it certainly wasn't deserved.I'd agree with Smiffy that only Smalling and Walker look ready to step up.England were physically stronger but nowhere near as good on or off the ball.Spain will progress(to at least the SF stage),England won't.

Sounds like you want to lose another bet......

I thought that England created a lot more clear cut chances than the dagos, particularly in the first half. Both goals were offside and for all the Spanish tippy tappy they lacked penetration and looked very suspect at the back. Sorry Barnaby, I know you love to put down the country of your birth, but you've #gotitwrongagain.

Perhaps you'd care to explain in what way Spain's goal was offside?:unsure:
I've seen comments in the English press that it was handled.This wasn't at all clear from the camerawork on Spanish TV-since they didn't show the action from behind the goal.I'm sure Murdoch TV did though.:winking:

I've seen comments in the English press that it was handled.This wasn't at all clear from the camerawork on Spanish TV-since they didn't show the action from behind the goal.I'm sure Murdoch TV did though.:winking:

My mistake, I should have said that both goals should have been ruled out. You see what I did there Barnaby? I admitted that I got it wrong. Big Bad Barry is still waiting........

Excellent. I'll not wish you luck, but we're on.

It's an interesting(and fairly even bet)which should add a bit of spice to the early stages of the tournament.The Czechs already look likely group winners with Ukraine as wooden spoonists.Spain need to make their possesion play count,which means giving Bojan rather more match time than he got last night.

For anyone who missed the goals - LINK.

Think both goals should be disallowed, but a few good points with Walker and Smalling playing well.

I didn't think Mancienne was a defensive midfielder, but he played ok. 25 passes and a 100% success rate sounds good, but 18 of them were back to a defender or goalkeeper (stats from OPTA).

Would like to see Albrighton, Rodwell and Wickham get some game time.

My mistake, I should have said that both goals should have been ruled out. You see what I did there Barnaby? I admitted that I got it wrong. Big Bad Barry is still waiting........

Try playing the ball, not the man, occasionally.How you could possibly have though that a goal scored direct from a corner, should have been ruled out for offside, I've no idea.
If that's your idea of an apology,then it's a singularly graceless one.As for linking your "mistake" with yet another BBBC reference,well we've all been down that road, ad nauseam.Try and remember: "The past is a foreign country.They do things differently there".

Try playing the ball, not the man, occasionally.How you could possibly have though that a goal scored direct from a corner, should have been ruled out for offside, I've no idea.
If that's your idea of an apology,then it's a singularly graceless one.As for linking your "mistake" with yet another BBBC reference,well we've all been down that road, ad nauseam.Try and remember: "The past is a foreign country.They do things differently there".

It's not my idea of an apology you pompous arse. The reason we revisit the Corr route 'ad nauseam' is because you made a prize prick of yourself.

Back