• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

England v Colombia

but you see the quality emerging at the knockout stage, as is the case with Brazil.

Are you kidding, Brazil have been slow, ponderous and boring.

as with Brexit, time is now getting short.

Keep Brexit out of this forum please.

Southgate was 100% right with the game plan against Belgium, but is it to the advantage of lovers of football that we see Argentine, Germany, Belgium, Uruguay, France and Brazil, battling it out in one half of the draw, whereas as, in the other half, there don't appear to be sides of the same calibre?

What do we do then, rig the draw to suit the so called strong teams. BTW, Germany went out in the group stages because they wern't good enough.

2 shots on target and one of them was a penalty ...in 120 minutes...

is it really coming home, honestly.

Still didn't stop me stressing like feck last night and being rather pleased today, but this WC has Russia written all over in (in Putins handwriting)

I don't want to spoil the party here but I just didn't think England were particularly good. Don't get me wrong the Columbians got exactly what they deserved but it shouldn't have got anywhere near extra time, let alone penalties. In the World Cup many sides can start slowly but you see the quality emerging at the knockout stage, as is the case with Brazil. I haven't seen that advancement in the English side and as with Brexit, time is now getting short. Southgate was 100% right with the game plan against Belgium. If we had been in the upper half of the draw I wonder how long our holiday in Russia would have lasted? We may have got past Japan...........but Brazil???? Anyway it's great for England that they are advancing but is it to the advantage of lovers of football that we see Argentine, Germany, Belgium, Uruguay, France and Brazil, battling it out in one half of the draw, whereas as, in the other half, there don't appear to be sides of the same calibre?

Maybe when teams come to play rather than park the bus and then kick the ****e out of Kane we might see a game of football. Colombia were an absolute disgrace and I'm glad they're on their way back to Bogota.

loved it last night. Went down my local. it was like a tube at rush hour, people jammed in everywhere. there were songs and chanting, it was being at a game. bloody brilliant. Beers went everywhere, people jumping and all that. when Columbia scored the place went silent. extra time was tense. For penalties I made everyone line up with arms around shoulders like players on the half way line.
There's a video of me somewhere going mad.
hungover as **** today, worth it

I see Maradona is being an utter bellend again, spouting rubbish about the referee and how Colombia were robbed. What is he on?

Suck it up, you fat git, your shower of **** team are back home and we’re still in the cup!

Mar
I see Maradona is being an utter bellend again, spouting rubbish about the referee and how Colombia were robbed. What is he on?

Suck it up, you fat git, your shower of **** team are back home and we’re still in the cup!

Maradona is a revolting racist, drug addled tosser with a short memory when it comes to cheating and being robbed. I wish he would do the decent thing and die.

Mar

Maradona is a revolting racist, drug addled tosser with a short memory when it comes to cheating and being robbed. I wish he would do the decent thing and die.
How did you get on with the Samaritans interview mate?

Last edited:
I reckon she's a decent enough singer, although I will concede she is getting a bit too old now.

Some of our daughter's colleagues in Bogota, who were watching the match with her, apparently thought the referee,Mr Geiger,a sherman. "had some English blood in him." Not quite how I saw it.Though that's presumably a reference to the fact that he booked 6 Colombian players and only two English ones.

Some of our daughter's colleagues in Bogota, who were watching the match with her, apparently thought the referee,Mr Geiger,a sherman. "had some English blood in him." Not quite how I saw it.Though that's presumably a reference to the fact that he booked 6 Colombian players and only two English ones.

The Colombians really couldn't have complained if he had booked more of them, including a red card for the facial contact on Henderson. Colombian fans are bound to be biased publicly, but deep down they must know we deserved to win morally and on penalties. This is the view of a totally unbiased English Gentleman.

just a view from what the German tv said..
Hitzelberger! DER HAMMER,who seems to be a bit pro british(unlike Kahn),thought we should have had 3 penalties,maybe Colombia even two sent off.The ref was the worst so far i the WC.
The German commentator said after the game..quote."England attack was as good as a tin of cornbeef in the fridge"!!!! made my wife laugh!!!! German humour

just a view from what the German tv said..
Hitzelberger! DER HAMMER,who seems to be a bit pro british(unlike Kahn),thought we should have had 3 penalties,maybe Colombia even two sent off.The ref was the worst so far i the WC.
The German commentator said after the game..quote."England attack was as good as a tin of cornbeef in the fridge"!!!! made my wife laugh!!!! German humour

Good old German TV eh Ozzie? Doesn't alter the fact that they didn't get out of their group an we are in the quarter finals. Wen kümmert es, was sie denken?

I see he has been forced to apologize by FIFA for his comments about England and the referee.

I see he has been forced to apologize by FIFA for his comments about England and the referee.

Bloody good job too, what a revolting old man!

Incidentally, our lack of potency up top is due to Alli's loss of form/injury in my eyes, we need to come up with an alternative for the next game and hope he'll be back should carry on.

In fairness, if he’s apologised, I’d prefer not to pontificate on the sincerity of that action. An apology was necessary and it came, and when it did it was sufficient in my view. Fair play

Back